Chapter 14: Desperate Measures

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE: 50th Winter, 2051 //}}

Beacon Academy, it is not as precious as it once was due to the end of the First Grimmanian Riech. Despite all of that, it is still kept more as a status, a heritage, as the military this time kept them as a sort of hired escort for higher ranking officials, or for OMI to keep their hands off of things.

However, Beacon's only saving grace is the fact that it was the academy that housed the Emperor himself when he was a huntsman in training.  They also have the status of being a very well known alternative to Atlas academy, with many officers coming from Beacon to the Remnant armed forces.

However due to its current state within the new world order post Second Great War, the once mighty Hunters and Huntresses were willing to do anything to get back into the former glory and action that the people coming out of the academy were known for. They were pretty much hired help in the current day and that wasn't exactly the thing they were here for.

They got their lucky break when they began to hear word that there were covenant plans and intelligence that were on a planet that was pinpointed by available intelligence. Knowing that they have once chance to make Beacon's name be known as the federation's top Academies, they sneaked out and recruit some OMI and Planetary Guards units on this expedition. They also have one soldier who defected from the Covenant and gotten a full body suit to disguise himself.

Once their ship landed and anchored on the planet that they were looking for, these men and women stepped off and began to head forward to pinpoint where exactly this data was and how they could get ahold of some plans that would finally bring glory back to the name of the Hunters and Huntresses.

But as they tried to get to a location where they could commence an assault to get the information, that is when it became abundantly clear that this mission was not going to be as easy as they had hoped.

They initially began to sneak in, going as stealthily as they could. Though they knew that relying on just staying quiet and maneuvering like a stealthy cat, they needed something to keep the enemy off them so they could further penetrate into enemy lines to steal their secrets.

That is when they remembered what Lucer had done, and begin to place down explosive charges as a distraction.

Once the charges were set, the group began to set off. However, before they did, they began to adorn disguises. Elaborate costumes that would allow them to - at least at a glance - appear like the Covenant, like one of them.

They then went to move in and have the right code to get in without being detected. As they moved in, they got closer and closer to the Data. However, they knew that the enemy would react, and so they ordered the charges to detonate.

And as the explosions erupted, the Covenant  officers was stunned, unable to move. At least until the visiting elite turned and ordered them to get the situation under control.

Under his direct orders, the garrison was deployed, sending in waves of armored, more elite, and more humanoid soldiers, as they skillfully managed to reclaim some positions and begin to swarm, even flank the attackers.