Chapter 3: Harvest of Corpses

{{\\ Initiating Protocol //}}

{{\\ User Detected //}}

{{\\ Accessing Archives //}}

{{\\ Loading...(1%) //}

{{\\ Loading...(99%) //}}

{{\\ Archives Access Complete //}

{{\\ Operator Archive: Jonathan James Ramirez// }}

{ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx }

{{\\=+=+= Initiating Hologram =+=+=//}}

{{\\DATE: 22nd Winter, 2002 //}}

"Ahh... life here sure doesn't change much..." I remembered that I commented that as I was patrolling the perimeter of the Ranger base.

"I now proclaim you husband and wife!" The priest exclaimed as I was smiling at the woman before me. Oh how I remembered how beautiful the smile she had back then, "You may now kiss the bride!"

And happily I did. Her lips came to one and we passionately kissed each other.

Under a holy union, announced by the bells, I had married this beautiful woman and we moved out into the countryside.

We were never bothered by the city out there, only worrying about it when it comes down on our paychecks.

I remember her smile, her unending cheer as we got a home out here. It was quiet, it was beautiful out there and the atmosphere did wonders for us.

I remember when we finally decided to fully tie the knot and get a bun in the oven so to speak.

I remember seeing the bundles of joy finally come from her, to see them in her arms and to see her face of pure pride and joy.

Every precious moment I had with them was in my mind, every game, every little bit of time. Even the times where things felt odd.

Nothing changed her, smart, beautiful, caring her.

God above, I love her, and I will do everything in my power to protect her.

And so I did.

In order to protect those that I love, I enlisted to join the ranks. The Rangers of Harvest.

We were a proud unit, dedicated to the defense of the planet and to ensure that her order is upkept.

That the environment and workers around us can be safe.

And for people like my dear wife and my lovely kids to enjoy lives free of danger.

I put myself in the face of terror so they can live in the beautiful cradle of life.

I took a breath as I stopped in a spot outside of the Ranger base. It was peaceful on this side, and I often use this for the opportunity to talk with my wife. I know how busy she is, constantly looking after the kids and teaching?

Well, thank Lucer that she only works 4 hours, including grading papers.

Too bad I get home after a 10 hour shift. Oh well, I waited around our usual time, mostly during the time when her students leave to go to their job studies.

My scroll began to ring, and that is when my smile returned with a little bit of silly joy as I brought it on and checked who it was.

Without hesitation, I accepted the call, and I spoke, "Good afternoon, mi amor~"

Her voice on the other end responded with laughter, before - like the bells of heaven - she called back to him, "Good afternoon, my Junior~"

I began to laugh, seeing her face. She was wearing a golden blouse from what he could see. Knowing her this morning, she was also wearing a nice pair of pants that matched its color.