Chapter 31: Unexpected

Location: West of Parpaldia, Occupied Altaras
31st August, 2023, 7:12 AM

A merchant ship escorted by the warship, flying the flag of a nation they all know too well. The flag of Holy Milishial empire. Parpaldian crew greet them with greatest mannerisms they could pull along with Milishial aircraft in Altaras airbase too. They need to give their Merchant vessels a good bit of protection against the wilderness of Eastern world, the aggressiveness of babarian, the pirate and even some ambush that could be made by other nation. Nothing is assured here.

Cargo ship carrying 12 tons of container is then continue it's way toward Parpaldia. They glided through the seas completely outclassed every ships in sights not even pirate are daring enough to go near them.

"I heard Parpaldia is at war with.. what were they called?" Captain of Gold class battleship speak to his crew.

"United States, sir"

"Oh right, United States"

"Such a name, it like a copies of United States of Nigrat but whatever" Captain shrugged it off and walk to the bridge.

The destination will be reach in approximately 2 hours until then they will just do weapon check and make sure no container is lost. Just as expected, there's no hostility from the natives and pirate as everything was calm now they are closing in to Parpaldia shores that is until a bunch of ships close up on them.

They did not fly a flag of Parpaldia empire but a flag of stars and stripes with other flag seem to be those of eastern babarian nation. Their boat is crude, seem to be old yet looked powerful, those are Cleveland classes light cruiser that the US gave AEDN to use.

"Encrypted message from the ship captain"

A horn sounded from those ships, Holy Milishial fleets is now surrounded and have no other way but stop in their tracks.

"What does it say?"

"We have set up a blockade on this area, please turn back your ship or we'll be force to fire upon your vessels"

"Wha- who the hell do they think they are?"

"What should we reply captain?"

"Just scare them away.. we can just destroy them all right now, just give them a little chance"

"On to that sir!" The crew ran off the bridge head.

"They don't want to have problem with us did they?" Captain said to himself.

Couple of minutes later, more opposing ships sailed in, not only they did not fear them, they're also challenging his patience. Just many decades ago these babarian would cowered at the sight of Battleship's unrivaled strength, he guess it can't be use with them these days now.

Alpha 4 in the skies will still ensure their air superiority but the ship may be too many to for them to handle. It getting more ridiculous as 3 more bigger ship close their vessels up from behind. What the hell is those Parpaldian navy doing!? Aren't they supposed to assured safety for this trading route!? The electro-magical detector (EMDO) pinged signalling two, no. Four spots on the screen.

An aircrafts? From whom? He questioned in his mind and still keep caution on those warship surrounding them. Moreover his crew has been too eager to push a fire button and bring destruction on those scraps but can't say the same for them though, of course they wouldn't lose but they will definitely lose their whopping 12 tons of supplies and no way in hell he could allowed that to happen.

If he were to start a fight here, it probably wouldn't bring any major political problem since no one gonna cared for Babarian unless these are some of the Civilized nation then they will be prepared to receive some backlash.