Chapter 23: First step

Location: Greater Esthirant, Parpaldia empire, Third Civilized Area
25th August, 1632, 1:28 PM

It was a sunny day in the cramp city of Esthirant and yet the sun still failed to get passed a walls of smoke. Petton was getting ready for his meeting with 3rd foriegn affairs department, and his mobile phone ring. This mobile phone was very big that it look like a brick but it was still a new invention so he digress.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hello, i believed you are Petton, an American diplomat stationed in Parpaldia's Capital. Right?" The other side said.

"Yes, i am Petton Ledinson. What have you called me for?" He asks.

"I'm captain James A. Carney of USS Missouri. We're currently of the southern coast of Philade, approximately 16 miles away from Port city"

'Missouri? What would they need a battleship for?' Petton thought. "What are you trying to do?"

"We're following a direct orders from Mr.President to stand by and start the operation at moment notice. Do you know about situation in Alaska?"

"Alaska? What about it?" Oblivious as he is. He asks the Captain about it.

"Alaska got invaded recently. And we suspect it to be the doing of Parpaldia empire" Captain said. Petton was silenced for a moment and speak up.

"I can talk to them diplomatically about this. Then we can get this off peacefully"

"Mr.Petton, isn't that very dangerous?"

"They may be crazy, but they are not bottom down insane to murder a foreign diplomat. I'm sure i'll be fine"

"Well. If you do not respond within 2 hours then we will start an operation shortly after. We will send a platoon of marines to rescue you to safety"

"Understood" He replies and hang up the calls.

"This isn't gonna end well isn't it?" He mumbles, his guts feeling telling him that something was definitely going to go wrong in one way or another but he still insist. He don't want any bloodshed.

He then call for a car and head to the 3rd Foreign affairs. He reaches the same room and open the door in, not to mention the problem he had while on the way here.

"Oh, hello Mr.Petton. I've been waiting for you due to your request to meet us in urgent manner. May you have a sit" Kaios said in slightly respectful tone.

"What do you want to talk about today?" Kaios asks Petton. The others in the room whisper to each other.

"I may need to request you to pull the troop out from one of our territory"

"Oh? What territory are you talking about here? We didn't invade any country in the far east, is it not?" Kaios, as confused as other staffs in the room. He ask Petton.

"The land up north of Philade continent. I request you to pull the troop out or we may take a drastic measures"

"Is this intimidation to make us scared or you just simply too ignorant to recognize who are you talking to here?"

"You fucking babarian! You dare try to threaten us!? A superpower!? Are you out of your mind!?" One of the staffs shouted.

"Calm down. Let not turn this diplomatic discussion into a brawl" Kaios stop the situation before it escalate further.

"Anyways, you invade without any formal declaration whatsoever. You know that's against the rule right?" Petton said.

"You delusional wormface! We are the one that make the rule!" Another staff shouts.