Chapter 17: Off shores

Location: West of Fenn, outside of Civilized area
23rd August, 1632, 10:46 AM

Many of a 200 ancient Japanese aesthetic ship can be seen on the surface of the water, with one of them being significantly bigger than other, the flagship of Fenn's imperial navy, named 'Kokuto'. It represents the battle hardened and a might of Fenn military, armed with 60 Howa cannon, it is a truly one of the Fenn beloved warship ever.

 It represents the battle hardened and a might of Fenn military, armed with 60 Howa cannon, it is a truly one of the Fenn beloved warship ever

"Are we gonna win?" The Admiral, Yamato Koketsu asked his crews.

"We don't know Admiral, the one we're fighting is a superpower, i think if we were to win, we must have a god on our side" the crew replied.

"Is that so"

He mumbled as he picked up his binoculars and look into the vast horizon of the planet.

"Look like they're here, tell the fleet to be ready for a battle, normal strategy won't work on the Parpaldian"

The fleet of Fenn's warship seperated far from each other in order to counter and reduce the effectiveness of Parpaldian rotary cannon, but they had forgot the most important thing in naval combat of this world, it a way to defense against an attack from the air. Parpaldian's Wyverns overlord fly straight ahead to Fennese fleets, Fenn's ship begin an evasive maneuver against the Wyvern's fire balls, the water splashed up as high as the sail of the ship when fire balls impacted it.

Some ship didn't evaded Wyvern's fireball, and they caught on fire and being a wooden ship, the fire quickly spread, the crew jump off the ship to escape from being burned to death. On the other side, the fleets from other nations that participate in military festival decided that they will leave Fenn earlier than expected and many event were cancelled from the invasion of Parpaldia oversight army.

USS Spruance from United States of America decided to begin leaving too as they don't want to be caught in a conflict between other country but Fenn citizen beg them to stay, the citizen were in desperate need of help as a fear of Parpaldia still creeping around Amanoki, US Navy can't afford to lose a piece of advanced technology in an area like this, just with 6, Mark 49 Torpedos and only 61 Tomahawk missiles, and of course 2 canister of Harpoon missiles.

USS Spruance will definitely lose against the Parpaldian advancing fleet, with a very limited amount of weapon, the admiral have to think fast, he think and think, if he leaves. Fenn would fall under Parpaldian rules and god know what befells them, and another option. If they decided to intervene, it will result in either USS Spruance got destroyed and captured but inflicted a huge damage on Parpaldian or they successfully repelled Parpaldian fleets but it escalated the conflict further and give a problem to their own nation.

Both options is nothing but a loss, he do not want to escalate any conflict as seen in many war happened on Earth and a great example is world war 1, he do not want that at all. He asked the crew.

"This one is a hard decision, what should we do" the crew replied

"Maybe we should, just.. leave? I hate to see a beautiful country like this raze to a ground but for a better, we need to leave?"