35. Report

Fenrir and Erebus waited until everyone went through the portal to the Spirit Realm. When it closed, they walked through the other, which automatically closed once they passed through. Erebus collapsed next to Fenrir, so the wolf picked him up between his jaws again and sensed the cave on the cliff wall. He jumped down and found the entrance of the cave effortlessly.

He broke through Erebus' enchantment and placed him in the Yin Pond. His teeth ripped away his clothes so the water could be absorbed without interference.

Fenrir began his watch.

Undanfold erupted after the incident with the facility. Shortly after the captives were released, a portal opened outside Swiftmoore. The guards were frightened and raised their weapons, arming the wall. The sects inside the city rushed to the gates and prepared for the unknown. However, the city was silenced when a Dark Elf stepped out lightly and stepped to the side.

A group of soldiers followed the Dark Elf out of the portal and seemed to exchange words with someone on the other side. They made their way to the gates of Swiftmoore, and the guards backed away and dropped their weapons when they determined the identity of the Dark Elf.

"Prince Leo!" Some called out and kneeled in front of him. Leo nodded, walked through the gates with the others, and headed towards the sect building.

Those on the streets gazed at the group with wide eyes. The news had already spread that Shadowbane and the Prince had emerged from a portal. Leo was surprised to see his father and General Halcyon waiting outside the sect building as they approached it.

The group bowed respectfully to the pair, but King Leonis waved his hand to dismiss the customary nuances. "You all have worked hard." The king gave a slight bow to the group. "Thank you for coming back safely. Please rest well."

The soldiers were flustered and froze when they saw their king bowing to them.

Leo chuckled. "Father, if you show them too much courtesy, they will start acting spoiled."

The king patted Leo on the shoulder and laughed with him. He looked at Halcyon beside him, and his joyous expression turned to concern.

Halcyon had a clenched jaw and sharp eyes that were scanning the group. "Where is Erebus?" He asked.

Leo let out a sullen sigh. "The captains and I will report on this matter."

The two older men nodded their heads and turned back into the building. They all entered a small conference room and sat around a table. Halcyon nervously tapped on the table. His concern for Erebus has surprised many. 

Nash and Comet started with their report. Explaining how they were taken by the Devil camp but were rescued by Erebus, who disguised himself as an assassin Devil. They described how he mercifully killed the Phase Spider. He also explained what happened with the Djinn and their strange domain techniques.

When Comet explained how Erebus identified the Djinn and navigated through the Lightning Domain created by the runes, Halcyon and the king jolted. They have never met anyone who could use the shadows so masterfully.

They continued their report until they met with the other soldiers, and Leo was taken. Heath took over and recounted how they found the spy, Mikal.

Halcyon exploded with rage and slapped his hand on the table. "I will rip out his spine! Where is this spy?"

Heath shook his head and explained in detail the torture he endured. "The Lieutenant General only gave him a reprieve and killed him because he would have been a liability to the group."