Chapter 23

(This chapter contains coarse language - sex toys and such)
October -

It's now Halloween. Abel is out spending the day with Lauren and he will be helping his uncle hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. The two are in Seattle now at the mall because Lauren just had to come shopping after Abel got paid this week and he was all for it because he needs new hair dye, more clothes, more stuff in general.

"I so needed this shopping trip," Lauren says as she and Abel enter Spencer's. "Ooh, I know what to you need, besides an apartment."

Lauren and Abel are looking for an apartment in Forks or Port Angeles together. They'll live together and split the bills since Lauren recently started at Jocelyn's beauty salon doing nails.

Lauren drags Abel to the back of the store where the sex toys are. Abel looks at them, his brown eyes wide in surprise.

"Lauren..."

"You're eighteen now, my Queen, and your boyfriend is currently elsewhere," Lauren says. "You need some pleasure. Get a dildo and this..." Lauren grabs a silicon male butt. "You can practice topping."

"New to switching?" a boy asks.

"Yes, he is," Lauren replies. "He's typically a bottom, but he topped with his boyfriend, and... boom, Verse."

"Well, that's a good way to practice," the boy, who's name tag reads Chris, says. "I'm purely bottom myself, but my ex had that." He points to the silicon in Lauren's hand.

Lauren grabs a dildo and goes to the desk. Abel rolls his eyes.

"This girl, I swear," Abel mutters.

Chris chuckles and he goes to ring the stuff up.
******

Abel sits on the couch and he looks through the apartment listings that Charlie found for him while he was in Seattle with Lauren today. Charlie hands some candy to kids dressed as Peter Pan, Wendy, and Tinker Bell.

"This one's right at the border before you get to Salem."

Salem is a small, smaller that Forks, town in between Forks and Port Angeles. It's like, a passer-by town while going to town, only 500 people live there. Abel got his latest pride flag there because there are several gay couples there who gave him advice in April during his last trip there, when he got the flag.

"Yeah, they're nice," Charlie says. "A few two-bedrooms available if Lauren is still moving in with you." He walks over and sits down. He grabs his beer from the coffee table. "The owner's Luther Willis, Waylon's brother. I got his number if you want it."

"I'll run it by Lauren, but I think we'll be looking here," Abel says to his uncle. He grabs the candy when someone knocks and he goes to open the door and finds a troll, who matches him with the green face paint.

"Trick-or-Treat!"

Abel smiles and he drops a handful of candy into the bucket. "Happy Halloween, buddy."

"I like your hair," the boy says. "Dads! He has blue hair!"

Abel recognizes the boy's parents as Aaron and Jeff, they live in Salem. Abel's not surprised they brought their son to Forks to go trick-or-treating because Salem is so small. They don't even have a big grocery story.

"Abel," Jeff says with a smile. "This is Caleb, the son Aaron and I told you about. He's seven."

"Hi, Caleb, I'm Abel."

"Are you gay like my dads?" Caleb asks innocently.

"I am," Abel replies. "Happy Halloween, guys, enjoy the rest of your night."

"You too," Aaron replies and they leave.

"Friends of yours?" Charlie asks when Abel rejoins him.

"I met them in Salem," Abel replies. "Good guys. Been together since their second year of middle school. Aaron's twenty-eight now, and Jeff's two years younger. Their son's seven, they adopted him when he was four."

Charlie smiles and he nudges his nephew. "You and Emmett gonna adopt when he's done with his vacation?"

"I want to, yeah," Abel replies. "I want a baseball team of children."

"That's my boy," Charlie praises and Abel chuckles.

Charlie turns the game on and they hand out candy and watch the game since Bella is still holed up in her bedroom.