Chapter (48): United

*TWO YEARS LATER*

"Freya, come on! We're gonna be late!" said Adrienne at the end of the stairs before she walked towards the front door, waiting for her daughter to descend.

She checked the time on her watch and sighed as she held the knob in her palm. Small footsteps were visible at the top of stairs before they started walking down till they touched the floor.

"Sorry, mommy."

She smiled and waved it away. "It's alright." Freya approached her and Adrienne opened the door, gently pushing her daughter out as they both walked outside. "C'mon." she said gently as they marched towards the car.

Freya opened the door, sat next to her mom as she fastened the seatbelt. Adrienne adjusted the rearview mirror and put on her sunglasses before turning on the engine and driving away from the house.

"So..." Adrienne started, eyes on the road, hands firmly holding the steering wheel. "Who do you wanna invite to the wedding from school?"

Freya stared at her tiny feet as she moved them around playfully. "I wanna invite Jack."

She frowned a little. "Jack? Who's Jack?" She glanced over at her before turning her eyes back on the road.

"He's a friend at my class. He's nice."

Adrienne nodded slowly before scoffing. "Never heard of him."

"He's really nice. He has big blue eyes, mom."

She chuckled before clearing her throat. "Ah, I see, I see. Well," She took a deep breath and glanced at the rear view mirror. "Sure, invite him over. Do I know his parents though?"

Freya nodded. "Yes."

"What's his last name?"

"Jack Wilson. You met him, mom, don't you remember? He has brown hair and big blue eyes."

She knitted her eyebrows when she started to recall, and she took a left turn. "Wilson, Wilson, Wilson... Oh, I remembered. Yeah sure, Wilsons were our clients a year ago. I forgot that their son goes to the same school as you. Wasn't that the boy who gave you a rose when you injured your knee at the playground?"

Freya nodded again and looked out of the window. "That's Jack."

"Jack, Jack, Jack. Romantic Jack. The clingy to my daughter Jack." She mumbled to herself and shook her head, then exhaled slowly as she pulled over by the curb. "Annnd we're here." She unfastened the seatbelt and so did Freya then they exited the car.

Adrienne walked around the car and stared at the college building. She leaned her back against the car and crossed her arms, then checked the time. Shortly, Sage walked out of the building with her sketch book in her embrace, sunglasses on top of her head as she walked down the few steps on her way down. They smiled before their arms got wrapped each other tightly.

"Hey, how was your day?" asked Adrienne as she pecked her cheek and looked her in the eyes, a wide smile on her face.

"Everyone wants to attend our wedding." She chuckled, and Adrienne followed her.

"Let's just choose the cake first and then we could invite everyone. By the looks of it, it will be a tower length cake."

Sage smiled at her then pecked her cheek before she looked down at Freya and gave her a hug. "Maybe Freya will choose the cake. She's got a sweet tooth." She smiled down at her and they both shot each other a wink behind Adrienne's back.

"Uhh, yeah, we'll see about that. Plus, the wedding cake is supposed to be... of a white or bright color, not dark like chocolate. I've never seen a wedding with chocolate cake." She shrugged and leaned her hand against the roof of the car and stared at them both.

AnastasiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara