Chapter (25): The Masquerade

The mirror reflected the image of the figure as she was getting ready, wearing the white dress jacket, black dress shirt and black pants. She adjusted the black pocket square that matched the dark shirt beneath the blazer and gave herself one final look. Adrienne let the eyes take in her look and her pompadour styled hair, then smiled to herself before heading down the stairs.

Hanna was busy talking with Freya and Janet but stopped when she heard footsteps running down the stairs and looked up only to see Adrienne looking sharp with her style.

"You're a wow." said Hanna pointing at the suit.

Adrienne chuckled at her. "You look amazing, Han." She looked down at Freya and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You be good without me?" Freya nodded at her with a smile.

"I'll take care of everything." said Janet earning a grateful smile from both women.

"Okay then, I guess we're ready to go." said Adrienne then both of them walked outside the house, locking the door behind them. "You got the mask?" she asked Hanna.

"Mm-hmm. You?"

"It's in the car. I'm going to Sage's first to pick her up then go to the party."

"Meet you there." said Hanna getting in her car.

..........................................

"There you go." said Gina putting the final touches of makeup on Sage's face.

Gina stepped backwards, putting a hand on her hips as she looked over her friend. Sage looked at herself in the mirror and turned around to look at her dress from behind and a wide grin appeared on her face.

"I think I look good."

"Good?! Just good? Sage, honey, you look stunning! That woman was right by giving you that dress. It highlights your curves. Adrienne probably will die when she sees you. Happy death at least."

Gina stepped closer to her friend and looked over her bodycon dress with a soft smile as she adjusted it a little. "I can't believe you finally did it." she said and Sage understood what she meant. "You stood up in front of that snake and faced her, showed her who's the boss and for that I feel relieved and proud of you. Very. But I'm concerned about something," Gina sighed and gave Sage a knowing look. "What if she tries something? I mean she... has your pictures Sage. She could blackmail you. She knows your history."

Sage sighed but she wasn't shaking at the thought. "Let her do it. I couldn't care less about her. I'm with Adrienne now and it's something good and if Lina tries to ruin my life, I'm not going to work for her. It's over."

Gina nodded at her, but the concerns were invading her heart over her friend. They were interrupted by the door bell and Gina gave Sage one last smile before heading to the door knowing it was Adrienne.

Gina opened the door with a wide smile and received one from Adrienne.

"Damn Dapper!" said Gina with her jaws dropped and Adrienne laughed lightly at her. "What are you? Enrique Iglesias?"

"No, just Dapper." said Adrienne adjusting her suit. "Sage still getting ready?" she asked, feeling a rush of excitement run through her body and her heart was racing as a result to that rush.

"Yeah, she is in her... room... just wearing the hee-"

She was cut off when she saw Adrienne's eyes look past her with her lips parted and her eyes were glowing, so she took the hint that Sage was right behind her.

Adrienne swallowed and her blue eyes skimmed over Sage from head to toes with a shuddering breath. The soft red blush on the cheeks complemented Sage's overall look underneath Adrienne's silent gaze. Gina stood awkwardly by the door using her eyes to look back and forth between them.