Chapter (22): Violated Memory

The sun shone brightly and let its ray crawl into the room through the window enlivening the atmosphere around the petite woman as she was breathing steadily in her slumber. The rays reached her face and kissed her skin softly, leading the woman to turn around with her body with a soft sigh getting released from her lips. She opened her eyes slowly adjusting the sunlight and moved her hand over the empty spot of the bed next to her.

Sitting up on the bed, with a few rubs on her eyes to fully wake up, her heart missed the presence of the tall woman that was engulfing her last night till she fell asleep.

She looked at the nightstand, wanting to grab her phone and check the time but she saw a towel and a toothbrush on the nightstand. Instantly her lips curved up for a sweet smile as she swung her feet to the side of the bed, getting ready for her day with Adrienne.

A few minutes later after getting ready, she walked outside the bedroom and headed down the stairs for the kitchen and her ear caught a few voices before turning around the corner. Adrienne gave her eyes a break from the breakfast she was preparing and let her eyes rake over Sage with a smile upon her lips.

"Hey, good morning." said Adrienne.

Hanna glanced over her shoulder at Sage smiling as well and her smile even grew when the tall woman went over to the petite one and pecked her cheek softly.

"Morning." she said shyly.

"Come have breakfast with us."

She grabbed her hand and headed together to the kitchen island and Sage greeted Hanna who returned the greeting as well genuinely. Adrienne served her a plate and Freya was talking with Sage a little about drawing again which brought a smile on her face about how the little girl was passionate about something at such young age.

Hanna looked over at Sage and she swore under her breath that the PJ Sage was wearing looked familiar.

"Is that my PJ?"

Immediately a blush crept through her cheeks at getting caught and she was thankful that Adrienne intervened.

"Yes it is. I gave it to her. You have any problem?" She shot her a glare and Hanna fumbled in her seat.

"No! Just asking. It looked familiar to me that's all." She turned to Sage with a smile. "It looks good on you." Then she turned back to Adrienne with a smirk and Adrienne glared at her again.

Adrienne checked her wrist watch and turned to Freya who already finished her breakfast on time.

"Freya, sweetheart, Hanna will take you to school today. Mommy has some stuff to do."

"Okay, mommy." She replied politely at her and jumped off the stool, taking her bag with her as Hanna fished out her car keys from her pocket.

Freya went to Adrienne and gave her a kiss on the cheek then went over to Sage who kissed the top of her head and Hanna bid her goodbye to them before disappearing behind the door.

Adrienne walked around the counter and smiled down at Sage who blushed unknowingly when Adrienne inched closer to her. She could smell the breath of coffee coming out of her thin lips as it hit her own with her breathing.

"Did you sleep well?" asked Adrienne tucking a strand of hair behind her ear then went down and tucked her chin between her thumb and index finger.

"I did actually. I was so tired that I gave up so easily."

"Yeah, you dozed off before I could wrap up your bedtime story." They both chuckled. Adrienne leaned down and took Sage's upper lips between her own softly for a small kiss then pulled away gazing at the hazel blue orbs.