Chapter (12): Cozy Date Night

Adrienne was in her room, watching TV since she couldn't go to sleep after what happened between her father and Hanna. She had a feeling that Hanna would lash out at her father at some point during the dinner but she didn't expect that she will explode like a bomb especially after her father didn't take Hanna's major and passion seriously. Nolan always wanted Hanna to follow the family business since she is smart and creative and knows how to persuade anyone except him, apparently. Whenever she tried to convince him to take another deal that will be a win-win situation for her father and those who oppose to him, he always objected and had a different point of view that served him money more than anything noble.

Adrienne spotted Hanna standing by the door, looking sad and silent, so she invited her to join her on the bed. Hanna went under the blanket and Adrienne glanced at her before shutting off the TV then did the same.

"You feeling okay now?" asked Adrienne.

"A little." She inhaled before continuing. "I'm sorry about tonight. I ruined it. It wasn't supposed to go like this."

"Don't apologize. You're right about his business and you're the boldest of us to talk about it."

"But I made him mad at me again. I disrespected him in his own house."

"I'm sure you stirred something in him, Hanna. I mean you're trying to save lives and he's trying to tear a neighborhood apart. Do you see the difference? I believe that you're gonna be a badass lawyer and be a voice for the voiceless. You'll be a super hero." She smiled at her sister. "Maybe dad is one of the bad guys but at least you're one of the good ones and you'll change the world's perspective on a lot of things, not just poor communities."

"I feel bad for mom though."

She shook her head and looked away briefly. "Don't worry about mom. She knows how to talk him down, and trust me you'll find him calling you as soon as things calm down. We all know that dad wanted you to follow his lead but you chose a different route which suits you and defines who you really are and I'm proud of you for that. For standing up for yourself."

Hanna smiled through her tears. "You're the best sister."

"The best of the best, eh." She joked and earned a punch on the stomach before Hanna turned over with a smile and let her back face Adrienne. "Goodnight."

"Night, Munchkin."

.................................................

Sage was changing into her uniform and as she was taking off her jacket, a card fell from the pocket and landed on the ground. She bent down to grab it and read the name on the card, and the number at the bottom intrigued her. Gina looked over Sage's shoulder, taking a closer look at what she was reading.

"Adrienne Jones... a real estate development project manager." Gina read loudly and Sage chuckled at her friend. "That means she's rich. Nice!"

She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "I'm not dating her for her money."

"Yep, I know. So, did you steal her card or something?"

"No, she gave it to me in case we schedule a second date."

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"The right time?"

"There's no right time like now. Call the woman and go out with her before it's too late or she changes her mind. We don't wanna see that happen, right?"

"You think?"

"Yes. Now do it or I'll call her myself."

"Fine."