Chapter (17): New Friendships

Sage exhaled her last breath through her nostrils and clenched her fists as she stared daggers into Adrienne's orbs. On meeting the disappointed gaze from the other side of the door, Adrienne pulled away from Quinn's arms and walked fast towards the door, but to her misfortune, Sage immediately departed from her sight.

Adrienne opened the glass door and started jogging her way to catch up with Sage who was stomping slightly on her march.

"Sage? Sage wait!" She came in her view and held her arm but Sage averted her eyes from Adrienne, looking anywhere but her. "It's not what you think, I swear."

"I see you moved on. She's beautiful. I wish you the best." She walked past her but Adrienne didn't stop in her spot, but grabbed her arm again and turned her around gently.

Adrienne shook her head eagerly and a crease formed between her eyebrows. "No, no, what are you saying? She's just a business partner and a friend of mine."

"Oh! Well, you two seemed cozy in the office for being business partners, Adrienne." She replied with anger and a tad of sarcasm in her voice.

Adrienne pursed her lips in a thin line and grabbed Sage's hand in hers and dragged her to the print room, locking the door behind them since some of the employees were curious to hear the hassle that was happening in the hallway.

"Why did you come here?" asked Adrienne softly and Sage was looking at her with piercing eyes and a scowl on her face.

"I came to see you because I wanted to talk about us, but obviously you were busy with your 'business partner'. So it was a mistake coming here."

Adrienne's lips curled slowly into a smile when she realized something. "Are you jealous?"

Sage scoffed and bit down on her lip. "Oh please! Spare me already! It was me who wanted to stop us from happening, so no I'm not jealous. Just surprised that you're already in someone else's embrace, but you didn't wait for me like you said you would. I came to see if you wanted us to get back together and then-"

Her words got cut off when Adrienne's lips brushed hers softly. Sage's eyes went wide for a moment, but then her eyelids fluttered and became heavy as they dropped down when Adrienne moved her lips slowly against hers. Sage's hands were trembling, but she loved the sensation. To stop her trembling hand, she moved it up slowly and tangled it in Adrienne's hair. Adrienne smiled against her lips and moved back a little with her eyes half closed.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." Sage's panted as she whispered back.

Pushing her against the wall and wrapping her arms around her waist, she anchored Sage to her as the kiss deepened and got gaudy shamelessly between them.

A stormy tongue battle occurred for the sake of dominance and Sage won the battle this time with a groan escaping Adrienne's lips, making Sage enjoy the sound of her suppressed grunts that she was able to get them exposed loudly.

They broke the kiss at last with their chests heaving in rhythm and Adrienne leaned her forehead against Sage while framing her face in her palms as she pecked her forehead.

"I swear Quinn is no one to be worried about. You're the one I want."

She felt Sage nod slowly at her words, closing her eyes while enjoying the caresses Adrienne gave to her loosened hair, then she moved to rest her head on her chest and Adrienne engulfed her warmly.

"I believe you."

.............................................

Adrienne and Sage went back to the office after their steamy make-out session in the print room. Adrienne explained to her that Quinn was an associate and became friends with her when Hanna set them up together for a date. To her relieve, Sage understood and let the matter go away even though she was still jealous from the woman's look. She found Quinn dazzling in her elegant professional attire, and also found her as a threat, but Sage realized that Adrienne wanted her instead, the waitress.