Chapter (5): The Million Dollar Smile

Damien and Adrienne were walking side by side inside the company as they were discussing their meetings that they will attend today. Damien was swiping through his tablet, showing her the dates and she nodded in agreement with him.

"Alright finally we have..." He chuckled as looked at the tablet. "I know you don't like this guy but-"

She closed her eyes and whined. "Don't tell me it's Thompson."

He chuckled at her reaction. "It's Thompson."

"I hate that guy. He's disrespectful, rude, and he thinks himself is better than anyone and he's a Lothario. Not to mention that he got married three times and then divorced them all. The guy has no manners at all."

"Aid, relax. We don't need his private life in our business, okay?"

"Agreed but what about the time he harassed one of our secretaries here?"

"He apologized for that and ever since he stopped. Just let it go. I know he isn't the kind of guy to do business with, but he's successful and we need to win him over like every time he gets here with his associates." He straightened up and looked at her with a smile. "Now, who's the boss?"

"I am." She mumbled.

"What?" He cupped his ear and leaned closer to her with his brows furrowed. "I didn't hear you, I was listening to Mary telling Lisa about her boyfriend. Their voices are louder than yours." He pointed at the two assistants sitting at their desks and having a little chat. "Who's the boss?"

"I'm the boss!"

He smiled. "By the way, Hanna told me that a little bird showed up at your doorstep this morning, and according to her words she was drop dead gorgeous." He smirked. "Is that right?"

Adrienne smiled at herself and shook her head. "It was nothing; I don't know her. I almost hit her with my car while it was raining, so... I let her stay over till the rain stopped, that's all." She shrugged and he turned to her crossing his arms over his chest. "I don't know why Hanna is making a big deal out of it. I just did a good thing for a stranger."

"Right. A perfect stranger I presume and I'm guessing that she wasn't the one you were on a date with."

She sighed. "Let's just go to our first meeting and get this over with. It's gonna be a long day ahead of us."

He chuckled and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, come on."

........................................

Sage was back in the kitchen at the café shop, finishing washing the last few dishes but there was a smile across her lips that never left her face since the morning. Her co-worker named Gina and also her closest friend came up to her and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You good, Sage?"

"Hmm? Oh! Yeah, yeah!"

She turned off the water and grabbed the towel that was hanging from her apron and started drying her hand.

"Aren't we friends?" asked Gina and Sage turned to her with a frown.

"We're besties." She chuckled. "What's with the weird question?"

"If we are then mind telling me what's making you so happy in the morning? It's not like you, girl." She pointed the accusation finger at her then placed a hand on her waist, waiting for her to answer.

Sage grinned to herself then turned to Gina. "Something happened last night. It's... bizarre. But at the same time it felt weirdly good. Do you understand what I mean?"

"Na-uh! Not a word." She leaned against the sink with her hand under her chin for support. "Edify me please and I hope it's something else and not about your night job, Sage."