Chapter (1): Deluxe Nights

Dark clouds and dark street it was yet it was lit with the neon sign that was reflected against the surface of the damp road after the heavy rain that lasted for hours. The sign that said 'Deluxe Nights' was brightened in pink neon.

Three young women wearing coats and leather jackets with short skirts and excessive make-up came out, laughing heartily holding a cigarette between their index and middle finger as they exhaled the fog enjoyably. One is blonde, one is a redhead, and the last one was a brunette who seemed out of place among them.

"Ugh, finally this night is over." said the redhead with a groan as she inhaled her joint deeply, eyes squinting on their own when the cloud of smoke embraced her lungs.

The blonde one snatched the rolled joint from her friend's hand and took an inhale before coughing and waving the smoke away with her other hand. "I'm not gonna do this shit ever again." said the young woman, handing the cigarette over to the redhead. "Not my cup of tea. I prefer something stronger."

Both the red head and the blonde shared a laugh as they leaned their shoulders against each other then they looked at their third friend who had her eyes shut yet softly as she inhaled the fresh and sweet scent of the rainy street with a radiant and relaxed smile on her lips.

"Sage?" asked the redhead. "Wanna try for once?" She extended her arm and presented the half-finished joint to the brunette but she shook her head negatively at the offer.

"I'm good, thanks. I prefer the smell of the rain than the smoke."

"You're such a bummer, Sage! Our job requires heavy shit like this little joint, alright? How're you gonna keep up with the rich assholes when they come to the club, you need to ease up, and I'm telling you this shit is fucking legit!" said the redhead in annoyance while the blonde watched the encounter between the two women with her arms crossed.

"I'm relaxed. I know how to do my job perfectly. I just don't need to smoke. Plus... I need to save up some money to buy some furniture in the apartment rather than buy cigarettes or whatever you're smoking." said Sage with a sigh as she ran her fingers through her wavy dark hair. "Our payment doesn't cover up anything including the rent."

The redhead held up her free hand. "Fine, fine, I got you. You're good at pole dancing and stripping but not buying the right drug." She tossed the finished joint before she pressed her heels against it to turn it off completely.

A muscle car approached them and pulled up then it honked the horn for the girls. "Yeah, looks like my boyfriend's here. Catch up with ya later, girls! And Sage... practice on that shit." said the redhead, pointing at the joint on the floor.

As soon as the redhead departed with her boyfriend, the blonde woman whose name is Tiffany turned to Sage and held her arm. "Don't take everything she says seriously. You know how Sally is. Just be yourself. This place did damage to most of us, you're the only one with the good heart here, Sage. So don't let anyone take the innocence away from you."

Sage smiled a little and nodded then she turned her eyes away. "What about you?" asked Sage. "You have something to do here?"

"Just gonna go straight home to my baby boy. I miss him when I get busy, you know. It's a tough job but it's enough to get him what he needs." She shrugged but smiled widely at the thought of seeing her baby.

When Sage saw the bright smile on Tiffany's face when she mentioned her son, she herself couldn't help the smile appearing on her face. "He needs his mother's love and care the most, Tiff." They shared a smile before Sage looked around and pointed at the road straight ahead. "I'm gonna head home as well. See ya."

The young woman wandered in the streets to head home. Groups of drunken men and women eyed her with greed and desire but she turned a blind eye to them as usual. It was her night routine after the job. Ignoring the eyes on the streets but not the eyes at the club. Walked and walked and walked is what she did till her ears caught the repeated horn of a car behind her. She stopped in her tracks as the mysterious driver pulled up alongside her.

"Hey sweetheart... wanna go for a ride? It's not appropriate to let a beautiful young lady like yourself alone in the streets at this hour."

Sage looked at the man who was about 45 years old. He was neat and wearing a grey suit, a horny business man she presumed. She noticed the wedding ring in his left hand and made a calculation in her mind that he was married but his wife didn't give him enough pleasure and now he was looking randomly for some fresh meat to satisfy his desperate starvation. "No." she said.

"You sure about that, bubblegum? You've got the material I want." He clicked his tongue. "And I've got a few green papers..." He pulled out the cash from his glove compartment which she eyed with a blank stare on her face. "So, what do you say? I'll give you what you want, I just need a few minutes with you. It'll be quick."

Sage looked over the streets, considering the offer then her hand met the door as she opened it. The man grinned devilishly as he sat properly in his driver's seat, containing his excitement and the fire in his loins. She sighed as leaned against the chair, resting her elbow against the window's edge, fingers buried in her locks while her eyes got fixated ahead and away from the man's lustful gaze.

"Where do you wanna go, bubblegum?"

"... anywhere undisclosed."

"You got it."

..........

She got off his lap in the car as he was regaining back his breath that she took away a few minutes ago. She pulled up her panties in annoyance and in shame to cover herself, and he buckled his belt, laughing at her.

"You're quite gifted." he said, staring at his reflection in the rearview mirror as he ran his palms over his hair to smooth it down.

"Now the hundred dollars you promised." she said and stared at him.

"Direct, aren't you?" He chuckled and moved his hand to his pocket, pulling out the money. "I like that... here."

She stared at the fifty dollar he gave her and frowned. "Uhh, what's this?"

"Your cut, bubblegum. Take it."

"You said you'd give me a hundred dollars. And if I'm not mistaken, I should earn more." she said angrily.

"Nope, I never said that. I didn't even give you a number." He sighed. "Let me make a deal with you, alright? How about you come over to my place... for a few hours and I'll give you more. The wife isn't in L.A currently."

He moved his hand over her thigh and brushed his fingers upwards till he reached her inner thigh, giving the skin a squeeze, and her eyes never left his perverted hand.

"I'm done here."

She snatched the money from him and stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut while he chuckled internally at her solid attitude. "Alright, sweetheart. Suit yourself. Your kind has always been cheap anyway."

He shook his head before pressing on the gas pedal and drove off. A few tears gathered in her eyes as she looked at the car leaving out of her sight. "Asshole..."