Chapter (3): Stranded Stranger

"So, have you thought about it?" asked Hanna looking at Adrienne.

Adrienne pursed her lips and nodded. She had her hands buried in her pockets, eyes staring ahead at the café counter.

"And...?"

"Yeah, okay, sure. I'll give it a try."

"Yes! Thank God."

They were at a café waiting in line to get their orders. Adrienne called Hanna last night to apologize for her recent behavior towards her, then they decided to go hang out the next day at her favorite café and grab a coffee to have a discussion.

"What's her name?" asked Adrienne with a bored tone.

"Martha."

Adrienne frowned and turned around to face Hanna. "What?"

Hanna chuckled at the scowl evident on Adrienne's face. "I'm kidding! Jesus! Her name's Quinn."

"Huh... okay, it's better than Martha. Martha gives me a bit of a Milf vibes."

"She's British and she's single annnnd pretty."

They moved forward a couple of steps after a customer or two took their orders. "Then why don't you date her then? You seem interested."

Hanna narrowed her eyes. "Sorry, I don't play for this team."

They moved forward again till they finally reached the counter. Adrienne ordered up and looked back at Hanna. "You did once."

"It was a one-time thing and I was twelve... that doesn't count." she said timidly, placing her hand behind her back, interlacing her hands in a shy manner.

Adrienne chuckled and shook her head. "When's the date?"

"Tonight at 8:00. You'll get back from work on time and get ready for the date in no time because I'll assist you."

"Alright." said Adrienne grabbing the drinks and handed Hanna her coffee. "Playing dress-up it is."

"Aid?"

She took a sip from her coffee, narrowing her eyes slightly at the bitter taste that lingered on her tongue. "Yep?"

"I know this is hard for you but I'm glad you're giving it a chance."

Adrienne nodded while sipping then a smile formed on her lips as she lowered the plastic cup. "I'm glad you're there for me. For both of us... Me and Freya."

"I'm your sister which also reminds me that I'm expecting another niece or nephew. I'm not getting any younger."

Adrienne laughed softly as she walked with Hanna outside the café. "Hanna you're 20 years old and you were the youngest aunt in the planet when I had Freya. You're young and beautiful, stop acting like mom. A drama queen."

"Well, so are you. That's why I want you to start dating again... you may be older than me but you're still young. Go for it." Hanna snapped her fingers suddenly when she remembered something, "Oooh! That chick, Quinn is just like you 27 years old. See? I know how to pick them for you."

"I haven't met the woman yet. And I don't care about the age really." She shrugged and stared down at the plastic cup's surface.

"Would you care if she was good in bed?" Hanna turned and wiggled her eyebrows at her sister teasingly.

Adrienne laughed and pushed her sister playfully. "Oh stop! I'm glad Freya's at school now or else you'll ruin her mind already."

....................................................