15. misty rain

atlantis | max mayfield
15  misty rain

-
cameron

max and i were in my room, watching the rain patter on my window. we were in solemn silence as i was reading and she was sleeping on me.

i was treading my fingers through her hair as she slept peacefully in a long time. i smiled at her sleeping face. she stirred slightly, holding me tightly.

she smiled in her slumber. i chuckled, putting down my book and glasses. i laid down slowly, not to wake her up which seemed to work.

i held her even tightly as she moved away a bit. "hi," she opened her eyes.

"hi." she scanned my face. "how was your sleep?" she grunted as an answer, smushing her face into my neck.

i glanced outside, watching the rain patter on my window. it was getting foggy out as well, jack and steve were glued to the hip and doing god knows what somewhere.

max kissed my neck softly before doing it again and again until her face was in front of mine. she grinned stupidly at me. "what's going on in that beautiful head of yours?"

i melted when she spoke. "nothing, just wondering where steve and jack could be." looking out the window again, seeing it fog up.

she straddled me while playing with my fingers. "stop thinking about them. i want you to think about me," she put her face on my shoulder.

i faced her eventually. "sorry. i tend to get lost sometimes," she nodded. "i know, you and jack have that in common."

she hugged me, i hugged back of course. she kissed me on my lips, her hands moving from my hands to my neck. we pulled away to catch our breaths.

she pulled me in again but before i could reached her lips, she took me in. all of me, her loving eyes scanning my face. i could've swore i saw her eyes turn into hearts.

she then kissed me again with more anticipation and passion. "i love you," she put our foreheads together, her legs wrapping around my waist.

"what?" my eyes widened. "i. love. you." she spoke while pecking my lips with each word. "i love you too." i grinned back.

her eyes lightened up. i suddenly picked her up, causing her to yelp. "cam!"

"i love you!" i ran around the room. "i love you, max mayfield."

"and i love you, cameron harrington." i was filled with joy. i set her down on the bed since i knew she wouldn't want to go on the floor.

i was wrong because she grabbed my hand, pulling me upstairs to the roof. she wrapped her arms around me, "it's the sunset."

i nodded, smiling at her innocent face. "i know. is that the only reason you brought me up here?"

she shook her head. "i brought us here so we could stargaze like the day of the snowball." she remembered?

"of course i remember. it marked the day we were officially together," she smiled sweetly. i was pulled down by her as she pecked my lips.

"why aren't you wearing your glasses?" she asked, sitting on one of the chairs with an umbrella attached to it.

she patted the spot next to her, i joined her but she put herself on me. i grunted in pain when my arm touched a sharp metal part near.

"sorry, sorry! what happened?" she apologized, her face closer to mine and my breath hitched, obviously not processing what was happening.

i grimaced at her, hoping she would take it as a smile but didn't. "nothing. nothing happened,"

she saw my arm scratched by the metal so she gave me a stern look. "i'm not blind, cam. i can see the blood,"

i just looked down while she went to the first aid kit we had on the roof. "i wanna jump off the roof and into the pool," i spoke out of the blue, she started to clean my wound.

"really? you always wanna hurt yourself, don't you?" she scoffed, pressing hardly on my wound, making me wince.

"yeah, maybe." i shrugged. she stayed quiet after that. i didn't know what to say but get the urge to apologize.

we stayed in solemn silence for a long time, watching the rain pour even harder. i felt myself fall asleep.

i found myself stir awake when someone knocked on the door, that's when my eyes went to max who was on the edge of the roof.

"max? what're you doing?" my conscious self asked. "max! whatever you're doing, don't jump!" jack's voice came from below. steve broke down the door, rushing in, taking max in his arms.

i quickly stood up. "what the hell just happened?" steve panted. "what else could have happened? she just tried to kill herself! why were you sleeping?!"

jack came running to the roof, all of us soaked because of the roof. "i'm sorry." max suddenly spoke in the most softest tone i've heard.

we all turned to her. "you have nothing to be sorry about," jack wrapped his arms around her, steve and i did the same.

this feels like the family i wished for. steve, the mom. jack, the dad. max, my girlfriend. me, the child. sophie and henry could be the aunt and uncle.

jack and steve pulled away, going down stairs to warm up from the cold rain. jack reminded us to come in before the rain gets even harder.

i nodded, pulling max more into my arms. "why?" i asked. she shook her head. "i don't know, i wanted to do the thing you wanted to do but i thought of the other thing."

i understood. "i know the feeling. i also wanted to jump off this roof as well after my mom made me do cruel things,"

she nodded, hugging me tightly. "i love you,"

"me too. i love you too,"

we went back inside. max calmed down afterwards, steve giving her a whole talk on why she shouldn't kill herself.

author speaks !

sorry for the short chapter again. season four chapters will be even longer dw

[ 1008 ]

edited: ✘