03. lovers quarrel

atlantis | stranger things

03  lovers quarrel

-
narrator

steve was dropping off cameron at the byers' house, he was so happy that he left before she did. she knew he was glad to not bring her to school.

"bye, steve!" he sarcastically smiled.

"bye, kiddo." with that he drove off, leaving her standing at the doorway of the byers'

she knocked on their door, jonathan opened the door for her. "hey, cam. will's just getting ready. would you like some pancakes?"

she shook her head, no. "nah, i'm good."

"cameron! what a lovely surprise." ms. byers opened her arms, pulling her into her embrace.

will blushed in embarrassment. "mom, please stop." cameron audibly gasped.

"where are you going looking that good?"

"where's your ghost costume?" he asked, ignoring her question.

she crossed her arms. "up your butt, go take photos."

jonathan holding the camera. "three, two, one. . ."

he clicked on the button, a flash. cameron took a peak on the picture, it was will holding a thumbs up with both hands.

"great. hold up the proton blaster," he instructed.

"alright, now turn to the light." he added, will turning towards the light, cameron holding in her laughter.

will pouted slightly. "cameron." he groaned, that was the last straw, she bursted out in laughter.

ms. byers grabbed her shoulder. "c'mon, i don't want my kids to be late. jonathan, take your car."

jonathan smiled softly at cameron. "it's good to have you back, cam."

will and cameron got in the backseat while ms. byers got in the driver's seat. "how's jack and sophie?"

"they're fine, but i thought you-"

"i haven't." she interrupted him, already knowing the end of the sentence.

will looked at her, hesitantly, he put his hand onto of hers. he knowingly payed attention to her expression.

it turned out to be emotionless. "cam?"

"i'm sorry, 'kay?" joyce keeping her ears alert for what she was going to say.

"it's fine," he stupidly offered her a smile.

she pulled her hand away from his. "no, it's not. i left because of some horrible reason that i won't unclosed til i'm ready."

ms. byers offed the ignition. "kids, we're here."

cameron thanked the woman who just gave her a pitiful look, she was killing herself inside, they all knew of it.