02. who's suzie?

atlantis | stranger things
02  who's suzie?

-
narrator

cameron woke up the next morning with a sore throat but still got out of bed because dustin's was coming back from camp that day.

she didn't want him to feel disappointed about her not coming to greet him back home.

the group planned to meet at his house with banners and party poppers, everyone but jack couldn't go because of his summer job.

someone knocked on her door as she reached the end of the stairs. "coming!"

she opened the door to see sophie, cameron coughed while letting the girl in. "you okay?"

"yep, sore throat."

sophie nodded, concerned. "maybe you should sit this one out. before you argue, dustin wouldn't mind if one of his friends weren't there plus jack isn't going neither is steve. well, steve forgot his favorite child is coming today anyway."

cameron sighed before dry coughing again. "yeah, fine. i'll see him later or tomorrow or something. you go ahead,"

sophie ruffled her hair. "i'll tell the others you're out."

cameron smiled gratefully. "thank you, soph."

sophie hummed and closed the front door. she met henry at his house.

henry got confused why cameron wasn't with her. "where's cam?"

"sore throat." she stated before grabbing her bike from the ground and paddling away.

henry shrugged and did the same.

back at the harrington's, cameron was on the floor, acting like she's dying, groaning as if she's a zombie.

she stood up after hours of just being dramatic and decided she would watch 'the outsiders' instead.

she went to the kitchen to make waffles, she put flour, eggs and water in a bowl and started whisking.

after she made the waffles, she went to their tape stack where she found the tape to 'the outsiders' laid on the top.

she put it in. after watching the whole movie, she groaned then she got the idea to annoy steve and jack at the mall.

she ran upstairs to get ready, she took a shower then brushed her teeth. she dressed up into a white shirt and beige pants.

she ran downstairs to put on her shoes then locked the door to the house and took her skateboard to the mall. max convinced her to start skateboarding again.

cameron knew all kinds of tricks, therefore, max wanted her to help her learn some tricks herself.

she reached the mall, she immediately went to scoops ahoy where she would see robin there. "robin! where's dingus steve?"

the buckley girl smiled at her. "in the back, dingus."

cameron winked at her before going to the back. she saw her brother with his legs crossed on top of another while eating an apple. she bopped him on his head.