06. agony

atlantis | stranger things
06  agony

-
narrator

sophie woke up, having to face lucas' banter on the walkie. she groaned, closing the antenna. she had to get up anyway, they were going to find a way into the vault.

dustin called her on the phone since he couldn't reach her on the walkie. she apologized and started to get ready.

she wore a collared white shirt with a v-neck light blue vest on top with black trousers. she didn't feel like wearing anything overboard since she's mostly going to spend time in a mall.

henry was nowhere to be found while cameron was spending time with max and eleven, she told her yesterday night. cameron didn't want the girl to feel left out on the details.

when she reached there, dustin was not there but according to robin, on the same rooftop they were at last night. when he came back, he immediately told them the stuff he saw.

"that keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the russian with this keycard also had a massive gun. whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." dustin finished.

"but there's gotta be a way in." robin said. steve blew his hat back to its original form, "well, you know. . . i could just take him out."

sophie chuckled. "like you 'did' with jonathan? right. wait, like you also 'did' with billy? steve, no. at this point, let me just call cameron since she actually has beaten up someone before."

"what? i sneak behind him, i knock him out, and i take his keycard. it's easy." steve completely ignore sophie's statement.

"sophie's right. did you not even hear the part about the massive gun?" dustin agreed, fist-bumming the girl who was sitting on the floor beside him.

"yes, dustin. i did. and that's why i would be sneaking. plus sophie said what happened in the past, i think two fails wouldn't hurt. at least, i'm brave enough to punch someone."

sophie sighed, getting up from the floor. "fine, steve. if you can knock someone out, i will treat you to those waffles we got you when you got heartbroken."

"deal."

robin leaned forward. "wait, steve's gotten heartbroken before?" sophie nodded. "that's news."

the room went silent until robin got up after staring at the air ducts. "that might just work." she grabbed all the tips from the top jar, leaving only the coins.

"robin. hey, robin! hey, what- what are you doing?"

"i need cash," robin said as she walked backwards, facing steve. "well, half of that's mine. where're you going?"

"to find a way into that room, a safe way. and in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. i'll be back in a jiff." she saluted them goodbye.

sophie rolled her eyes at dustin licking steve's scooper. "guys, i'm gonna go to jack's store. i wanna go get some comics for henry," they nodded after steve got his scooper back.