11. stomach gone

atlantis | stranger things
11  stomach gone

-
narrator

cameron was surprised to see sophie reading in the school bus when they reached the junkyard. sophie had her glasses on, she usually wore those as she reads.

the harrington girl sat next to her. "hello there," she whispered in her ear.

sophie punched her in the nose, causing her nose to bleed. cameron groaned in pain. "really?"

"sorry! i thought you were someone else," cameron held her nose, taking a handkerchief from her front pocket and putting presure on it.

steve came in the school bus. "cameron? holy shit, cam!" he screamed when he saw her blood coming down like a flood.

"i know!"

sophie waved shyly to steve who glared at her. "what?"

"you broke my sister's nose?!"

"well, she scared me." dustin came inside the bus. "okay, cam. i need you to rest, max and lucas are here." he left.

"max is here?" cameron asked, but groaned again.

"yeah, i'm here. hi sophie. holy- what happened to your face, there's blood everywhere," max exclaimed.

sophie raised her hand. "i maybe the reason to that,"

max chuckled. "okay, kids. take care of her while i go help the boys," steve left the school bus.

"you have a good right hook," cameron smiled but came out as a grimace instead.

max took the handkerchief from her hand, starting help her wipe the blood of her face. cameron studied her as she did so. she studied her ocean eyes, they look so soft yet fierce.

sophie shook her head in amusement, going out as well. she went to help the three boys outside make a barrier after she heard everything from them.

max stopped wiping. "do you have a tissue? or anything?"

cameron nodded, grabbing one from her front pocket. "here," she handed it to her.

max ripped it and rolled it both ripped tissues. "head up," she insert them into her nose softly, cameron wincing during the process.

"done. now, let's go help the others." max got up and left.

"hey, dickhead. help us now that you're better!" steve yelled from outside, cameron rolled her eyes.

it was almost sundown when they finished making barriers, cameron threw the raw meat down in the middle of the junkyard.

they went in the school bus, sophie casually grabbing her book and reading it again. "whatcha reading?" cameron asked, poking sophie's cheek.

"wuthering heights now shut up," cameron pouted at her answer nonetheless she accepted it.

cameron grabbed lucas' binoculars, they said they would keep charge of navigation, taking turns.