14. confess. now

atlantis | steve harrington
14   confess. now

-
jack

i was so done with steve harrington. i wanted to kill him for killing me inside as he hasn't confessed yet. i know it deep down in himself that has something killing him within.

steve was such a.. dumbass sometimes, i mostly try and forget about it but it's gotten its way for too long. i planned for this to go for only three, three damn months.

it's been four fucking months, his house was just beside mine. it's been weird living in this house alone for long. my brain tells me every day to march into that house and get him myself.

i didn't.

no matter how much i wanted to do it, i didn't. my heart wanted him to come to me.

i was knocked out of my thoughts when someone knocked on the door. praying it was steve, i opened it. steve stood there, staring at the flowers in his hands.

i pulled him inside as he didn't talk nor move at all. "hi,"

he took a breath. "hi."

i watched my hamster in the living room, running on his treadmill. it made me laugh, knowing cody was happy to see steve again.

steve cleared his throat. "i came here to uh, um, wait. i had this practised, where is it?"

"steve? you practised a speech, for me?" he nodded, still frantically finding his flashcards.

he handed me the flowers as he found the flashcards. "here. okay, i came here to explain. i've been acting distant and cold towards you because i was scared until cam told me it was fine liking the same sex. i needed to be hunbled by my sister, my sister! anyway, i also wanted to say that i'm sorry for treating you in that way and i promise that i won't ever do that again." he was out of breath in the end.

i was actually speechless and i froze when he started walking towards me. my breath hitched when he touched my cheek.

he looked deeply into my eyes, trying to find neglection instead he found my reassuring eyes, filled with hope.

he leaned closer, brushing my lips softly with his breath. he went even closer, pressing our lips together. i was shocked by his boldness.

he grabbed my neck as we kissed while i held his hips. we pulled away seconds later, i held him closer to my body. he chuckled at his red cheeks.

the harrington boy pinched my cheeks. "cute," he looked like a child with his innocent eyes.

"so?" he asked.

"so what?" i croaked out, still breathless. "my speech?" that's all he could think about?!

"you.. you just made me breathless and you're asking about your speech?" he nodded, looking down. "i love it,"

he glanced back up at me, grinning. i wanted to kiss his lips to get rid of that shit-eating grin. "i can hear you thinking,"

my lips turned up into a smile. "c'mon, let's go somewhere."

"where?"

"anywhere, as long as i'm with you."

steve's grin got even larger. "okay,"

he let me drive to wherever my heart desired. i pulled into the parking lot. "a lake? you brought us to a lake?" he asked.

i nodded, taking his keys out of its place. "why not? it's calming unlike lover's lake where there's tons of people." he tilted his head before nodding.

steve got out of the car, joining me. i was jumping over the rocks, almost tripping over some before i found my spot. "welcome to my spot,"

it was a small cave but it could easily fit two or three people. i have never brought anyone here though other than my uncle.

i missed him very much, he was the reason i started drinking more that usual to get rid of the pain then came the drugs. he died when i was sixteen.

steve sat next to me in silence, after noticing i get lost often he kept quiet. i opened my mouth to say something before he bet me to it.

"another reason i came by was to say i like you. i have never felt this way about someone, especially a boy. it's new to me so i hope we take this slow." steve grunted when a rock pricked his ass.

i chuckled. "i was thinking of the same thing. this is my first relationship,"

"i was your first kiss?" he asked me, brushing our fingers together while i took them in mine. "yes.."

"you could have said something, i didn't know."

i understood him as there were stories about me in high school being reckless. "i know. i'm sorry,"

"don't say sorry when you've done nothing wrong,"

"yeah, i'm sorry."

he giggled, sending a wave of emotions over me. "stop saying it!"

"sorry," i smiled in anticipation. he covered my mouth, laughing.

i knew in that moment i felt content, with someone. i finally felt infinite.

steve and i were far apart the majority of our lives until i moved in that very day. my heart pounded with excitement when lingering my gaze on the bored boy.

his room was across mine, my heart increase in speed when he looked in my direction for a split second.

he rolled his eyes at me and opened his window to talk to me, me. a stupid, weird japanese-america boy, clueless on the world.

we moved in on the last day of middle school. even though i was older than the boy, his actions intrigued me. our parents thought it was nice for us to get along.

he didn't want to so i said the same as well, ignoring the disappointment inside me.

that steve was long gone, my steve was even better than him. my dumbass, my love, my harrington, my heart. he was the one person that stole my heart.

he smiled at me, and only me. his mind was invaded with me, what i was doing, what i could be thinking. he was infatuated with me.

he reminded me that every day since. i really like him, i hope he stays.

author speaks !

ik this is short but i hope y'all enjoyed 😭

[ 1023 ]

edited: ✘