09. meat

atlantis | stranger things
09  meat

-
narrator

cameron was on her way to the wheeler's with steve who was holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand while driving.

she didn't understand why he had to hold it anyway. she offered to hold it but he declined.

"why do you have to hold it?" she asked.

"because!"

"okay, you have to tell me why we are going there anyway?"

"i wanna tell nance that i'm sorry,"

"what do you mean, sorry? you did nothing wrong. in my perspective, you don't go apologizing for something that didn't do wrong. nance blew it, she doesn't like you anymore,"

"i don't care, i need to apologize for something,"

"what something?!"

he ignored her and parked the car in their driveway. "you stay here, stay here."

he left the car with the bouquet still in hand. she looked out of the window  with her arms crossed and saw dustin. she saw him approach steve.

he grabbed the bouquet out of his hand.
"hi cam, do you still have the bat?"

"baseball? yeah,"

"not baseball," dustin gave her a sad smile.

"bat? what bat?"

"the one with the nails,"

"oh my god, am i gonna finally experience demogorgans? this is so awesome!" she squealed.

they ignored her excitement. "why?"

"i'll explain it on the way,"

dustin got in the passenger seat since cameron was always sitting in the back seat due to more space. "now?"

"now!"

"yes! dusty, what's it like?" steve turned on the ignition and started driving.

"like what?"

"to face such a creature,"

"horrible," he dismissed which only increased her excitement.

"how is she still excited?" dustin asked.

"nevermind that where are we going?"

"nearest place we can get a lot of pounds of meat. after we go to my house,"

"meat?" steve asked.

"yes, meat,"

"why meat?"

"because!" dustin yelled.

"you guys are literally the splitting image of each other just that instead of it being the face, it's the personality," she grinned.

'hammer to fall' was playing on the stereo while they were almost there to dustin's house. cameron was humming the lyrics to it while steve and dustin were talking about dart, she presumed.