05. different

atlantis | stranger things

05  different

-

narrator

cameron went home feeling bad for will then saw steve in the living room after entering the house. she saw him crying, practically bawling on the floor.

she immediately ran to him. "steve, what's wrong?"

he didn't reply. "hey, c'mon. is everything alright?"

"it's not okay! nancy just confessed that she never loved me!" he yelled, his eyes sore from crying.

"how long have you been crying here?"

"hours, minutes. i don't know, cam. all i know is that jack came in here a minute ago, asking for you but instead he saw me, crying and weeping like a kid who's mom disagreed to buy something they wanted." he explained, tears flowing out of his eyes as if it were a waterfall.

she grabbed him on the shoulders and embraced him, he needed her this time. although he's never helped her in any situation or way before, he is now willing to try.

he held on to her like it was their last moment together. they only had themselves, their parents couldn't give a shit about them even if they wanted.

cameron's dad was her hero but now he was nothing to her after she finally knew that he was the one who suggested her mom to look for her diary.

someone knocked on their door. she pulled away from steve who didn't want her to leave but had to, she opened the door to sophie and jack.

"hey, guys. . ." she trailed on, not letting them see steve nor letting get inside.

"hi uh, we're here to see steve," jack spoke nervously.

sophie stared at the pair with confusion. "what the actual hell was that? this happens all the time after cameron's conversation camp," cameron's eyes widen at that.

"we know, cam. anyway, i don't want to deal with you assholes so put yourselves together. jack, i don't care if you miss her or not, just say something."

"uh-" sophie slapped the japanese-american boy at the back of his head.

"okay! jeez. we're sorry, about everything. now, can we see steve? we brought food." jack sheepishly smiled.

she finally opened the door more. "fine, come on in,"

sophie ran towards steve, getting down on her knees. steve went into her arms, thinking it were cameron since his eyes were closed.

jack pouted at cameron for forgiveness whilst handing her the food from a place they always would go to when they were younger. she punched him in his gut.

"holy- ouch," he groaned lightly.

"that was for making sophie speak for you. tsk tsk tsk, i love you but please never not talk to me again even though, i didn't go to your house and say something,"