15. resolution

atlantis | stranger things
14   resolution

-
narrator

jack and sophie were arguing on how irresponsible jack was with letting billy almost kill steve. jack stopped the conversation with saying that he thinks that he has a slight crush on steve.

he felt disappointed with everything and himself, he didn't want things to go that way. he knew steve was straight, they all felt sorry for him.

they stayed quiet in the car, wondering what was going on inside of billy's car. cameron knew something went wrong because the car was going side to side.

sophie was first to talk. "so. jack, when did you know?"

jack looked hesitant. "uh. . . i guess when i was in the bathroom, after steve touched my hands."

henry chuckled. "right after he touched you in a non-sensual way!"

"i know! i have no idea what happened, i just turned into a tomato," his face turned red.

cameron tapped him on his shoulder. "no worries, i feel just as same as i do with max. she makes me so vulnerable around her, i have the feeling to protect and keep her safe every time i'm near her. it's like i'm drawn to her."

henry sighed. "i guess i feel the same with will, he makes me feel exactly like your description."

sophie cleared her throat. "there, they relate to you."

jack nodded. "i mean yeah. what about you?"

"what about me?"

"do you have a crush on anyone?" sophie went red in the face.

"i don't, yet. no one really notices me unless it's you guys. because i'm the book nerd who's so into academic stuff, it's not my fault i wanna be good in school." she crossed her arms.

"they're just jealous that they can't be as good as you!" henry smiled.

sophie gave him a grateful smile. "i love you guys."

"we love you just as much," jack turned the wheel firmly. they got out of the car and started taking out the things they needed.

they wore their goggles and god knows what. steve started protesting about it. dustin went to talk to him.

they grabbed the gasoline tanks, and started making their way down to the pit. steve threw down a rope, jack held it from the top before tying it around a tire.

cameron went down first then steve. they checked around for demodogs and didn't find any so they called out that they could start coming down.

"yeah, i'm pretty sure it's this way!" mike yelled. cameron yawned. "let's just get going, i'm too tired for this shit." she grabbed the map and started leading the way.

they reached the main part of the tunnels. sophie feeling disgusted by every second. dustin got into a little trouble before but they got rid off the shit in his mouth.