10. trip to somewhere

atlantis | stranger things
10  trip to somewhere

-
narrator

jack was on his way to the bus station to check on his cousin who works there apparently. he didn't know why she wanted to work there anyway, they were rich.

he guessed she wanted the experience to be working somewhere. she was the funniest person he ever spent time with.

she was his favorite cousin, he was hers as well. he approached the girl who saw him. "hey, jackie."

"don't call me that, i though we were over that. nevermind that, i got you something." he showed her a bag of gummies.

"i think i'm gonna get diabetes if i go near you,"

"well, i am the candy monster," he winked.

she chuckled. "give it here,"

he sat down next to her while taking one for himself. they sat in comfortable silence then of course, someone had to break it.

"have you quit yet?" she asked.

"i haven't, alright? everyone's been telling that i need to quit, i don't need it from you too, charlie." he explained, sighing deeply.

"i get it, i had troubles myself. remember?"

"yeah,"

"i couldn't stop drinking and i don't want the same thing happening to you with your drug thing,"

she placed her head on his shoulder. "when are things gonna get better for the both of us?" he asked.

"eventually, i hope." jack noticed a familiar girl walking towards them.

it was eleven, his eyes widened. "eleven? i thought you were dead," he got up and embraced the small girl who smiled at him.

"hi, jackie boy." he ruffled her short hair.

"hey, i'm charlie." she introduced herself. eleven smiled at her.

"she doesn't talk much?" charlie asked the yusuo boy.

"yep,"

"do you know how to go to illinois?"

"is that the reason you came to the bus station?" she nodded.

"yeah, just that bus over there." charlie pointed at the bus.

"we better hurry if you're in a rush," jack smiled gently at the girl.

"we?"

"yeah, i'm coming along. don't think you're going on your own for this, do you?"

"i did think i would be going alone but i don't mind the company if you come with," she gave him a tight-lipped smile.

charlie gave them both tickets to which jack paid. eleven rejected his offer of paying many times, saying that she had money. he just ignored her.