00. prologue

atlantis | stranger things
00   prologue

-

narrator

cameron wished she never wrote in her diary. she wished she hid it deep into nothingness, darkness, the attic but no, her stupid self just had to hide it under her bed as always without thinking her parents would barge into her room while she was at school. she never thought her father nor mother would come to such hatred towards her.

her brother, steve harrington was the king of hawkins high, the place where you start adultery. cool, right? actually, her brother was this evil in her life which would always kill her inside for even talking to everyday. she was the only relevant one in the family.

she loved her dad but hated her mom and brother. she would come home with some bruise on her face and her brother wouldn't care at all. just reminding her that his friends were coming over and that she needed to clean up.

she wanted her mom dead. from making her have diets, forcing she didn't want to do in the first place.

her mom is manipulative towards her, not steve. she thought steve was the perfect child for them, keeping their family well-known around hawkins. cameron, however, she got the worse from her no matter how hard she tries, she will never be good enough.

she was apart of the loner trio in school. henry, sophie and she would be known as stoners, loners, bullies when they were of none.

she considered hiding it in her brother's bedroom since her parents would never go there 'cause of him being a teenage boy, you don't ever know what's in their rooms so they made a rule to never take a step in his room. though cameron, she always steals money from her brother.

he always yells at her for taking his money that he earned by himself, she doubted him even doing something for him because who would imagine the golden boy of their family to work or even think about the subject.

"cameron harrington! you better come down right this instance!" a faint shout from her so-called mom. her tone seem to be furious, like cameron would listen.

"no!" cameron yelled back at her.

footsteps approached her bedroom, cameron tried to come up with an idea to escape or hide. she quickly opened her window, grabbed onto a thick-enough tree branch, went to a blind-spot where her mom couldn't see her.

her mom barged into her room, screaming her name. "cameron, where are you?!" see, a mad woman. she could hear her mumble words under her breath but she couldn't make out what she said.

she sighed in relief when she heard the door shut, loudly. it was october of 1983, halloween month and fall was in season who wouldn't have a bit of trouble in their lives.

cameron certainly didn't have any fun. when her parents came home from a year of 'working overseas' last month, she was locked in her house. the only time she could get out of the house was to go to school. she hated it, not being able to see her friends after school.

she decided to hang out on the tree a bit longer, it was quite fun. on the plus side, it had an incredible view of hawkins, being in the hills, it was convenient.