02. newbie

atlantis | stranger things

02 newbie

-

narrator

cameron searched everywhere for will til she saw him outside. she ran outside to see him quite out of it. his face displayed a scared look. "will? are you okay?" she asked.

he turned around alarmed then turned back to his original position. "yeah, i just. . . i needed some air."

she placed her hands on both his shoulders. "if something's bothering you, you can tell me."

he nodded. "now come on, you're up on dig dug. let's take that top score back, okay?"

she wrapped an arm around him. they heard will's name being called for. "will!" it was henry.

he looked sweaty like he just ran a mile. "cameron! you're back." he smiled.

"hey, h. you look--"

"like i just died twice, i know." he cut her off.

"i was gonna say you look like you just ran a mile, but that works too."

"what's your haul?" will asked, stealing their attention.

henry stuffed his hands in his pockets to get four bucks out. "is this enough?"

will beamed. "more than enough."

cameron smiled at the two. "come on, before mike gets us killed." she imitated a choking voice.

they all walked inside to meet the others. "henry!" dustin yelled.

-

steve woke up to his sister shaking him awake. jesus, cameron. she rushing out of his room because he was getting up. she grabbed a pan and a spatula.

she banged the two objects together. waking him up immediately. "wake up, steven!"

he gave her a fake smile. "really."

"really. plus, nancy's been calling the phone for hours,"

he got up. "fine. wait for me in the car,"

"old steve could never,"

"this is the new steve. you better accept it before he changes back to old steve."

she waited in the car for 30 minutes before the older sibling got out of the house, swinging his keys. "could you be any slower?"

he chuckled, getting in the driver's seat. "let's go,"

they reached the wheeler's house, nancy running towards their way. "by the way, have you eaten yet?"

"yes, i have. i ate cereal unlike someone who always eats bananas in the morning," steve rolled his eyes at her, putting down his banana.

the wheeler girl got in the car, sitting in the front seat. "welcome back, cameron." steve leaned in to kiss the girl on the lips. which he successfully did.