08. hurting

atlantis | stranger things
08  hurting

-
narrator

henry woke up to will still asleep while mike was staring at will's sleeping self. he shook his head and went back to sleep, hopefully to forget mike's eyes on will.

he was shooken awake by mike who was staring at him with wide eyes. "what is it? did something happen?"

"we found hopper,"

henry immediately got up and followed him outside. "it's so late, henry." ms. byers spoke, kissing his forehead.

"sorry, overslept." he scratched his head.

"bob's over, and we found hopper,sort of."

bob waved at him as henry gave him a smile. "the drawings aren't just drawings it's a map of hawkins,"

he had a map of hawkins placed on a table with a ruler as they gave him measurements of the places.

"alright, i'm 3.6 inches, what do you got?" he asked the rest of the group.

"i'm not sure. ms. byers?" mike asked.

"hold on. 21 feet, 4 inches."

what about tippecanoe to danford creek?" bob asked.

"danford? where's danford?"

"dining room," henry spoke then ms. byers walked over to him.

"16 feet, 10 inches."

"what about danford to jordan?"

"oh, come on. this has gotta be enough,"

"it's not. it's. . . it's really not,"

"okay, can't you figure it out?" she asked as the three boys surrounded the table.

"well, it's- it's hard. the ratio isn't exactly one-to-one. i mean, if you're twisting my arm, and you are twisting my arm, i would say that the x is. . . maybe a half mile southeast of danford?" he looked up for their response.

ms. byers sighed in relief then kissed him on his cheek. "thank you. thank you," she grabbed the map of the table and walked out with will and mike following.

"hey, kiddo." mr. newby smiled kindly at him.

"hi, sir."

"what? are we- we really going?" he asked her.

-

they were driving to the location where mr. newby said it was. mike looked out of the window. "there's nothing, there's nothing here,"

"are- are we close?" ms. byers asked bob who was checking the map.

will was clutching onto henry's hand. "we're in the vicinity," bob said.

"what's that mean, the vicinity?"

"it means we're close. i don't know, it's not precise,"