8: Evacuate The Dance Floor If You Value Your Lives

Start from the beginning

When have I been so obsessed with what I look like?

The answer is never. I never had really cared about what I looked like or what people thought of me, the poor blind girl. They could never look past then the fact I was blind.

It must be the fact I'm about to go out with an actual guy. It's turning me into an actual girl. Okay. If I'm finally hitting the girl stage, then I need to meet with the expert. The one who could work absolutely anything.

I need to tell Hanna about Kassper.

Did I mention how much I hate being blind?

-----0_0-----

Kassper's POV

I was nervous. I never am. Ava's just so confident. Just not in her sense of direction. She was something you don't see in every girl. And I barley know her. But I want to know more about her. Simpler things. The things no one could really see behind her pale, sightless eyes.

I ran my hands through my dark hair and checked my reflection one more time before I left. I straightened my white tie over my black button up shirt and adjusted the pockets on my dark pants. I made sure there was no left over snack on my face. She may be blind but you never know.

“Going out?” Angel said from my bedroom doorway.

I turned to see her in my shirt and my sweats. Her blue eyes were narrowed and her lip was curled back revealing her pearly white teeth.

“What do you want Angel?” I asked angrily.

“You're going to go see that blind girl aren't you?” It was more of a statement then a question.

“So?”

“So?” she snapped, “She's dangerous! No one knows why but just to be cautious and stay away from her! Can't you feel it? Everyday it grows, stronger. The darkness that seems to seep from her skin.”

To be honest, I have noticed that. It started the nigh at The Show. On stage, I swore I saw the shadows reach for Ava, stretching towards her. But never able to get to her. Like a unknown force within her was trying to call them to her.

“I have. I'm being cautious so don't worry-”

Being cautious? Since when have you been cautious? Your Caution's evil twin.”

“Angel! Shut the hell up for just a second!”

“No! Not until you see there's something wrong with her.”

“There's nothing wrong with her! I'll take a closer look tonight to see what's going on!” I pushed pass her and stride down the hall to the front door.

“There was an attack.” she stated.

I froze, my hand on the door knob. An attack?

“Just an hour ago. And they came with a warning.”

“What was the warning?” I said just barley above a whisper. An attack? They hardly ever strike first. Only if there's an even more powerful force leading them.

'She's rising. The Queen will destroy all that is and will be.'” Angel said. I turned to see she was as white as a sheet. “Please Kassper. Don't go. I have a really bad feeling about her. Like something involving that warning bad.”

“Then I'll investigate.”

Why?” she cried. I yanked open the door and stepped out. “Kassper I'm begging you not to go! Kassper I-”