Chapter 14: Holiday (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I was standing by the car door of passenger's side so that Meera can sit beside me and like a gentleman I can open the door for her but it will not be so easy because Raj bhai came by my side, "Krsh why are you standing like a clown, step aside and let me sit or else we'll get late."

I was whining and looking at him like, "Bhai what the....i am not a clown or what. And you go and sit beside bhabhi na why do you want to sit here?"

"I know what are your plans Mr.Krsh and I would not like to die so early. I know you want Meera to sit beside you and the whole time your concentration will be on her rather than driving so no thanks." He gave me a tight lipped smile.

I sighed knowing I would not be able to win and with a sad pout I got in the driver's seat and waited for everyone to come. And there she is coming with everybody else but she was not smiling like before when she was with everyone else and just after her divya came with a big smile showing all her teeth. Definitely something must have happened and Divya is the cause behind it. I know it's wrong to think like that for a girl but sometimes I feel like strangling her like how can someone be so irritating and cringe at the same time. How can she trouble my Meera?

I closed my eyes to calm myself and imagined Meera smiling. Releasing a deep sigh I again opened them and everybody was settling inside. Meera sat diagonally to me behind Raj bhai's seat so I immediately adjusted the mirror to her. She was holding Ayaan in her lap. I can see a small smile playing on her lips when she was cooing Ayaan. It seems like he has warmed up to her and why not she has this tendency to make everyone love her within a few seconds of meeting and talking to her.

Suddenly she looked towards the mirror and there our eyes met like waves of ocean meeting the land, but I can see sadness lingering in them. She did not maintain eye contact for long and averted her eyes quickly making me confused and sad looking at her.

I started driving and we reached the temple early since there is no traffic, the advantage of not being in a metro city. We reached there and as soon as I closed the door and turned around I saw a bangle shop. I smiled looking at them and turned out to find that everybody had already started going upstairs towards the temple. And I choose to go towards that shop. I know she has a crazy obsession with these bangles, I want to find out the reason for that and why she always caresses them and plays with them. I also want to play and thinking about that I started grinning. I am going crazy for sure, crazy for her but I love her so much.

Wait, did I say I love her so much and then realization dawned upon me. I.LOVE.HER.

I.LOVE.MEERA. I can feel heart palpitations rising, there is a strong shiver that ran down my whole body when this thing set in. But I can't lose my shit here, I need to be in control. So taking a deep breath in and giving out a long sigh I looked towards where I was and why I was here.

I was looking for glitter bangles this time and I found the one that would be perfect for her. Purchasing them and hiding them inside my coat's pocket, I went towards where everybody was.

I can see her praying to the idol of goddess Lakshmi and Vishnu. I go and stand beside her. She looks so divine and ethereal by just standing there with her eyes closed and hands folded while praying. I can look at her like this for hours. Breaking my trance I looked towards the god's idol and prayed to them, "Bhagwaanji (Dear God) whatever my Meera is asking give it to her, because she is the purest and kindest being I have ever met. Giver her my share of happiness and joy also and give me her share of pain and sadness."

I opened my eyes and saw her with elders where Rishi chacha was telling her about the temple's history and its making and Ayaan was still in her hold babbling something to her.

This guy is just two years old and already successful in taking my girl's time.

"Raj bhai, if I remember correctly, there is a lake behind this temple, na. Why don't we go there, it will be so much fun?" Shanaya asked.