Chapter Five

Daisy Kazansky

"That's gorgeous."

Daisy stood on a platform in the expensive bridal shop in downtown Los Angeles. Her sister had all her bridesmaids dresses there, and her wedding dress. Daisy had a different dress than the bridesmaids, though. Poppy had wanted her to have something unique as her maid of honor. It was a floor length, blush colored dress. It had a v-neck and a high slit, only visible depending how Daisy was standing. It was sexy, but sophisticated. Daisy looked at her sister through the mirror, as she walked around, admiring the gown.

Poppy Kazansky was twenty-two years old, though her birthday was in December. Her and Daisy resembled one another a fair amount, they were very clearly sisters. She had been a fashion major at NYU, having followed her sister out there. She met Sebastian Hemings during her time in New York. He had been a student at Columbia University, and came from an extremely wealthy family. They owned a Fortune 500 company. Hence, the over the top wedding. Sebastian was nice as could be though, and treated Poppy like a goddess.

"What do you think?" Poppy asked, placing her hands on Daisy's shoulders, standing behind. Her massive engagement ring sparkled under the overhead spotlights. Daisy was one inch taller than Poppy, standing at 5'6, but Poppy tended to wear heels that made her several inches taller. "Be honest, Dais. I know it's my wedding but I don't want you standing up there in something you hate."

Daisy knew her sister was genuine about it. She had not become a Bridezilla thankfully. "I love it. You're right, it's gorgeous." At that, Poppy squealed.

"I knew it would be great. This color is amazing on you." Poppy commented. "Your imaginary boyfriend can match, you know." She added, stepping beside Daisy. "I wish you'd let me meet him before the wedding. I'm starting to suspect you're dating Casper."

The good thing about the wedding was it kept Poppy distracted. So she didn't have an obscene amount of extra time to quiz Daisy about the logistics. Daisy thought back to the conversation with Jake earlier in week and they had agreed to slowly start planting seeds. She couldn't believe a week had passed since this sham came to life. "I'll tell you details if you don't freak out, okay?" She asked, and Poppy nodded. "And you can't say anything to Mom or Dad. I don't want them to know yet."

Poppy narrowed her blue eyes at her sister. "Did you get back with Logan or something?" She questioned. "Not that I keep up with him but Sebastian did notice he was dating some model.....so you're not his......."

"I'm not his side piece." Daisy answered with bite in her tone. She wouldn't dare after what he did to her. She never wanted to be the mistress to someone. "And no, Logan is in the past. He can screw whatever models he likes." A dress associate glanced at them but looked away. "I've been seeing Jake."

"Sorry!" Poppy apologized. "I just couldn't figure out what was so secret you didn't want Mom and Dad to know." She explained. Poppy tilted her head. "You always see Jake. Hello, he's like an extension of the family." She said, apparently not getting what Daisy had just declared. Then her sister's eyes widened. They were the same shade as their father's. "Oh. You and Jake? Like you're dating Jake Seresin?" She put her hands over her mouth. "What? How?"

"Why is that so hard to believe?" Daisy asked, putting her hands on her hips. "Childhood friends fall for each other all the time. It's not a big deal. He's attractive, good to me, and it makes sense." All of which was true. They did make sense, but nothing had ever happened. "I'm just not ready to tell Mom and Dad. They love Jake but I don't know how they'd take it outside of him being my friend. They seem to think he's some playboy."

"Because he is." Poppy replied, "He's always ran around with girls. And according to Dad, he's arrogant as they come in the Navy. He's not husband material." She said, matter of factly.

"I didn't say anything about marrying him, Poppy." Daisy told her sister. "And he's not a playboy. There's nothing wrong with casual sex and I know for a fact he was safe." She did, neither of them had ever been careless. "And we're exclusive so that doesn't even matter. I don't judge people off their past."

"How does this work with the Navy? He can get moved at any time and you're here." Poppy said, "Unless you marry him. Fuck, you've been so secretive, please don't tell me you did." She continued, "I feel so out of the loop, I've been so wrapped up in the wedding-"

Daisy cut her sister off. "I kept you out of the loop. It isn't your fault. I wasn't ready to talk about it. After Logan......I just wanted to make sure it was serious before I said anything. And it is." She told her. "And no, I'm not secretly Daisy Seresin." She felt an unexpected ting in her chest when she said it.

Poppy seemed to be surveying her, taking all of this information in. "I definitely need time to process this. I just can't imagine you two.....this is the same guy who threw mud pies at us as kids." She replied, "I don't really want to meet you as a couple at the wedding."

"We grew up Poppy. He's not throwing anything at us." Daisy replied, nudging her sister. "So he can't come as my date?" That was fantastic. This whole thing was for nothing.

"I didn't say that." Poppy answered. "I meant I want to meet you guys together before the wedding. Get used to the idea. And I don't give a shit if he's been around all these years, there's a sister talk coming his way. He hurts you, he's dead." She stated without missing a beat. "Sebastian has his family's cabin in Park City. We could go there for the weekend, double date." She was typing on her phone, probably to her fiancé.

"Jake is at Top Gun, he doesn't have time to drive all the way to Utah." Daisy pointed out. "And I can't miss that much work." She appreciated her sister being open to it, but also Daisy felt panicked about the predicament. And agreeing before consulting Jake. The time part was legitimate, Jake didn't get time off.

Poppy looked back up. "That's fine. We'll fly on Sebastian's jet. And have you both back in time for work Monday." She said, flashing a smile. "Go change, I'm ready for lunch. And we'll set a weekend."

This is what you asked for, Daisy, she reminded herself as she went into the dressing room. She took off the dress and sent Jake a text, quickly telling him everything that just happened in a nutshell. She was surprised he wrote back so quickly, but it was Saturday after all. So he wasn't on base.

Sounds like a hot weekend with my girl. ;) And Richie Rich, lucky me.- Jake

Daisy snorted at what he was calling her future brother-in-law. Jake had met Sebastian plenty, but he always made jokes about how rich Sebastian was. She found herself trying not to smile at this text, even though she knew it was only messing around with their deal.

They've got a hot tub. Pack a swimsuit. Preferably a speedo. - Daisy

Anything you want sweetheart. - Jake

Daisy bit her lip and tucked her phone away while she finished changing. She knew how easy Jake was with girls, he was a major flirt. They'd joked around over the years, so she caught it with her occasionally. Just always felt like it was friends teasing friends. And none of this today was real.

"Daisy! Hop to it!" Daisy heard her sister call.

Daisy pushed away any thoughts of Jake and quickly changed back into her clothes to head to lunch with her sister.