Chapter 26

Declan (warning eating disorder, suicide and drug use mentioned)

I look at Mara as we are all still laughing, but she isn't so I stop but her siblings continue to. She is obviously uncomfortable with them poking fun at the situation. "Moira, you know we are just joking" Jared says as he hugs his sister. Her name actually name is Miora not Mara and why the hell did Ryan or my own brother not tell me that? Mara smiles a little when Jared pulls back the room falls silent. Ryan is across from me in the other chair as her siblings form a semi circle around us. She smiles as Dean hands her a container that consists of sushi and some stir fry noodles. "Thanks, I'll eat in a bit" She says as Ryan eyes her with a look. I swear she has lost weight from sleeping so much. I was here each day when they would try to wake her and get some food in her but she would barely open her eyes and just roll over back to sleep. Thats when they gave her liquid nutrients just to sustain her body. I want to say that the anesthesia has had some effects on why she slept for so long. Ryan gets up, walks around to me and Dean takes his place with Lilith behind him. Sam, Jensen and Jared all look at her and I see the glimpse of the little girl that her older brothers had to keep in check. Her name fits her as in many languages her name means rebellion or fate. Ryan gives me his signature follow me look as he has already got everything to he wanted to say to her out. I squeeze her arm letting her know I'll be right back and follow Ryan out into the halls. He looks at me as we walk to the near by waiting room that is surprisingly empty and take a seat at one of the tables. "I really hope you know what you are doing. The way you two look at each other is all the tell I need that this is a good idea. But know you hurt her in anyway, I don't care that we are teammates and your like a brother to me, I will end you. Let alone knowing that Josh won't stop until her gets his way because of a damn deal our great grandparents out into their wills" Ryan says with the fire of a over protective older sibling has. "I know Ryan. I just hope that she's willing to actually give this a shot when this all is over. It's all stupid really, I just have a feeling it has to do more with Josh's dad and your mother more than anything" I say and Ryan gives raises an eyebrow at me. "You think they were in love? Like a whole Romeo and Juliet thing. I mean it would make sense, even though Josh and I were friends it was more of a in school friendship. Who ever was raising him while his dad and mom were away wouldn't let me in his house. He would always come over to my house but never his. I think this has more to do with the stupid rules of dealing with the women born into the society than with actual feelings of love. My mom told us my father was someone she had no choice to marry but learned to love him. They were total opposites then Mara came along and somewhere in the middle of having us kids they actually loved each other. Then when they decided to branch away that's when dear olé dad chose the assassins over us. I still think he was taken to make sure Josh's family still had control over the society then bring it into the new age like my mother wanted" Ryan says looking a little sheepish. "I still can't believe that Josh's family has lied about my mother for so long that his father still believes he is the correct decent of Leonardo where that would be my mother. Josh's father was adopted after my mother was born and the will states only blood relatives are in control. Josh's dad threatened my mother a couple times this past year to sign it over to him but she refuses because its hers by law. My grandmother made sure her will stated that he wasn't blood. Jesus the amount of family secrets we all have is stressful sometimes. I just hope Mara isn't too mad about us keeping this all from her. Also why didn't you tell me her actual name?" I say as he smiles down at his phone. I glimpse a look at the name from this angle, Princess, probably Nestari she would be one who would like to be called that. I don't see Kendra ever liking pet names like that. He notices that I'm kind of looking to see what he is telling her so he angles the phone towards him more smiling wide before setting his phone down.

"I didn't tell you because she hates her name because the nurse messed the spelling up. Moira and the nurse instead of asking for the spelling. Spelled it Miora like the Hebrew spelling, but her name is Moira pronounced Moy Ruh. She always wanted to be called Mara because of it its a reminder that she has to fix her name because people want to assume what her name means. So please never call her it. Dean does only when he's mad at her. Jared is just an asshole and does it because he had to deal with the family. She's only close with me and now Lilith. This whole situation is my worst nightmare since we found out. My mother told us boys about it but not specifically what it was and that it's real she just told us if strange people showed up and tried to take Mara to protect her at all costs. What I can't believe is that the camp we went to wasn't just a summer camp and that we were friends with Josh. More me then you but you know what I mean" he says as the hurt crosses his face. He's never been good at hiding his emotions from anyone on the team so this has to be hurting him a lot more than he is telling. "I just can't believe that Mara is his goddess or whatever they are calling their women now. I wish there were signs but obviously his father did a good job at hiding it all, meaning the friendship was deliberate. It just sucks that I trusted him with so much. No wonder my mom was devastated when she heard about this her damn brother is going off the rails because grandpa didn't leave the damn society to his adoptive son. Plus our grandparents specifically stated that they wanted the society to change and Hamel didn't like it. My sisters don't know that Hamel is our uncle my brothers and I do because we were summoned to the will reading thats where we also learned that your mother passed away and the society and the guild was going to be dismantled if One of us didn't marry our woman. Well your mother changed things in her will to allow Mara to choose who she wanted to be with as long as they came from one of the families. Josh must of got word of this and decided that he has claim over her since they dated briefly" I say on a sigh hoping that she never went far with him. Just the thought of the kind hearted woman Mara is with Josh who is very dark and has no hint of kindness to him has the jealousy I hold boiling over.