Chapter 6

Declan

I wake up to my 5:30 AM alarm. I groan as I drag myself out of bed for the daily routine I just had to do. Ryan didn't come home last night, after I got back around midnight Nate asked me if I seen him when we both haven't we got worried, so now I'm even more worried Lucifer and Ren didn't tell me much but I assume whoever was in trouble is family. I luckily sleep naked so I drag myself out of bed and hop in a cold shower to wake my ass up.

After shutting off the water the symphony of alarms start I laugh at this every morning as it goes from alarms to groans to half awake men who need coffee. Despite the tiredness I feel to my bones almost falling asleep standing up. I've always been that person once I am awake and moving I will be fully awake by the time I get the the rink. I check my phone seeing an email from Mara about the tutoring program, I decide I can read that later.

I remind myself these morning runs started as away to wake myself up with the crisp morning breeze. I dress in my running clothes shoving on my running shoes as I hear the rest of the other boys on the team get up.

"Yeah I know I heard from him last night he is staying with his sister until whatever is going on calms down. He said couch will fill us in when we get to the rink today. Maybe practice will be canceled today because of it" I hear Nate say to someone.

"For sure but I hope his sister is okay. I heard her ex is one mean son of bitch" Macklin says.

"Mateo said something about that and how she's going to need all hands on deck but its not his place to tell me what happened" Nate says as I hear their voices slowly become muffled. I grab my bag that is filled with protein bars, water, electrolyte chews and some protein powder. I take off out the door headed to the rink.

As I am about half way there Nate pulls over and looks at me. I take out my headphones as he starts talking to me.

"Couch called, hop in your run is cut short. Im sorry bro but he said family emergency so you know what that means" he says as I run around the front of the truck and hop in the passenger side.

"I'm guessing it has something to do with Ryan being MIA for more then a week and a half concerns me but he says he has it handled" I say as we pull into the parking lot of the rink.

"Couch said something about bringing everyone in the loop" He says as he puts the truck in park.

"I have a bad feeling about this Lucifer and Ren might be friends with them as well. I think it has something to do with their neighbor he has been going home early even skipped family dinner last week" I say as we both hop out of the truck and walk to the players entrance. We walk into the locker room a nervous silence around us all.

The rest of the team rushes in as couch walks out of his office with a worrying look across his face. We all go silent as we take in his distant look.

"I am giving you guys the day off to plan around Ryan's sisters schedule", Ryan enters the room his eyes all red looking worried as he slowly makes his way to his seat,

"Ryan's sister's ex boyfriend is stalking her and making threats to her life. He claims that she is to blame why no one wants him and his short comings of loosing everything. I want the team who has class with her to escort her to her car or wherever she is going next" He says as he looks at Ryan.

"My brother, Dean, is a private investigator. He used some of his resources to looks into her ex Josh and its not good. He has a history of this shortly after he and my sister, Mara, broke up its when it started. The sick bastard likes to torture women and send her pictures of them in letters. She just let it go until his family paid off the last victims family but he lost the student council case and was forced to leave the campus. Thats when he moved here and started harassing her blaming her for everything" His jaw clenches as the anger builds in him. I'm unable to speak as the reality of what is happening hits me of what's happening to the person I can't stop thinking about.