Chapter 9

Declan

She runs out with a girl hand in hand. My anxiety spikes she has a girlfriend of course. Ren looks at me and laughs as Ryan walks up concern etching his features. "I have never seen her like that. Holy shit dude did you do something to my sister?" He asks as Ren is now staring daggers at me. "No, tutoring hasn't even started yet. That's usually the reaction I get whenever she notices that I'm moving closer to her" I say as my heart deflates. She doesn't like you like that Declan because why would someone like her want to be with me. My internal monologue starts again and I sigh. "She has to also feel something because I have never seen her be so afraid and so attracted to someone" Luci says behind us startling all three of us. "Mara is skittish with everything thats going on so I understand but I will see because she definitely isn't even letting us know who the mystery guy is that she always talks about. Like um how rude we are her friends and she didn't even tell us!" Ren says as Luci draw him in close and smelling the back of his neck. "You two need to get a room" I scoff and Luci laughs. "How about instead of staring at her like a creep go talk to her. She's harmless" Ryan says as Luci and Ren laugh a little in their own little world whispering to each other. "I would but she runs away before I can even talk to her" I say as Ryan looks at me. "Your brother here has a plan and just follow along with it okay?" he says as we walk away from the love birds. I swear by the end of the night I wouldn't be shocked to find my bother and Ren coming out of a random room. We walk over to Dean Pétri while trying to keep my cool. "Hey, You must be Declan. I heard a lot about you. My wife hasn't shut up about you" He says as I try to find words as I glance over to Mara and her friend. "Oh that's awesome. I have been trying to get my stats up as this last year is very important" I say and he nods. "Relax, your brother speaks non stop about you and your family and I wanted to meet you in the flesh. Since I have spent far too long with Lucifer and his rants about you" He says as I instantly relaxed then I look at him his eyes and I look back over to Mara. I'm stupid yeah I'm super stupid to where I don't even notice that they have the same eyes and mouth. "Oh your Ryan's older brother. Its good to meet you too" I say kinda nervously wondering if my idiotic brother mentioned that I'm kinda obsessed with his sister. "It's good to see that little Ry has friends plus my wife is trying to gain more people on her roster and she doesn't like these things. Thats what I am here for" He says as a tall redheaded woman walks our way. "Lilith sweetheart, this is the one and only Declan Landon. This is that boy that Mara thinks we are blind too. Plus he is Lucifer's brother that he always talks about" He says as she smiles wide at me looking back over her shoulder to Mara. "I swear that girl is blinder then a pig in a mud pit. I'm Lilith sweetheart, I am the owner of the new Leviathans team in South Carolina. I'm looking to recruit you. I already have answers from your brother and his wonderful boyfriend but I'm hoping to add you to my roster" She says as I look at her a bit confused. I try not to scoff because of course my brother and his boyfriend have a plan to get me signed to teams as well as them. "Well I will let my husband explain it all he is better with this stuff then I am. I see my brother so I'm going to go chat him up. I will see you around" She says as she pecks Dean's cheek and walks away. He watches as she retreats further into the crowd. A few more couches take that as a time to join our little group talking stats and who I'm going to sign with. Its all boring and backgroud noise because I can't stop looking at her how she laughs how her eyes light up when she talks about what I assume are her interests. Before I know it there is a man I don't recognize tall lean blonde hair as he turns I see he has blue eyes. My blood boils as he kisses her cheek by her mouth as he pulls away she's blushing and has stars in her eyes. I try to cool my raising temper. I know she isn't mine technically or in an outside my head way but to me she has been mine for five years now she wants to let another man touch her. I can't believe it my woman not anyone else's. I then see a horde of men walk her way and her face lights up with glee as they all rush to her. One by one I watch them do the same thing and at this point I barely know what is happening around all I see is her being lifted by the guy who kissed her and now is being touched by several men all at once. Why would she want you when she has all those men around her. Her sister in law is owner of a hockey team she could have all the things she ever wanted with them. I try to shake the thoughts away as I turn my back to them to try and focus what coach Jamison from Pittsburgh is saying. "You know if you sign with my team they would let you choose from.." That's all I hear him say as I turn feeling her getting closer to me. I see that our group has went from separated to together as Dean starts talking to me we walk me not paying much attention til I feel a light shove from him. She is right in front of me and my anxiety is going mad. Her eyes are dilated with lust and panic as we look at each other she is frozen to the spot her friends put her. "You look so beautiful tonight. Would you care to have a dance with me?" I ask her eyes go wide and then as it happens in slow motion for me. She turns around the crowd parts and she takes off. The feeling in my chest is unbearable. What is this feeling I have never experienced it in my life. Jealousy? Maybe or it's something else that has me feeling like this. Luckily I have a doctor in the family that all I have to do is tell her I'm feeling weird and she will go all out fussing over me. My sister Kara is the family doctor who is super concerned about a sport heart attack then anything else. I sigh as the crowd disperses and I walk to my brother and Ren pressing my lips into a thin line holding back my emotions. If anyone who knew me would tell you that I'm a like one of those hard candies with the gooy center. I have more walls then emotions and my brother can tell that I just want to let it all out. That was the biggest rejection ever and now tomorrow I have to face here for this tutoring thing.