27. TRAP

WHEN we arrived, there was only one moon in the sky.

My heart was already pounding hard enough and Chloe made it worse with her messy footsteps.

Chloe stepped in a puddle on the ground.

"Stop trampling, Chloe!"

"That's right. Be ready to use a quick retreat force if Nathan tries to jump us."

"What the... Oh, gross!"

We walked in the dark and I only relied on the light from my cell phone. The sound of owls flying around and waiting in the bushes made everything worse.

"Rachel, I will avenge you... I swear," Chloe whispered.

I chased after her who was walking faster than my flabby legs.

"Come on, come on. Nathan has to die now..."

"For God's sake, Chloe, you have to shut up! We could die, okay?"

Chloe ran towards where Rachel was buried.

"Max, please hurry!"

We dug up some of the dirt covering Rachel's body.

"Oh my God, Max, look... he's still there." Chloe sighed in relief.

I stood up and slowly started to back away. This is both terrible and painful.

"Don't look, Chloe."

I would have thought it was a mosquito sting, but stronger and sharper. An injection kissed my cold skin. My muscles immediately twitched and reacted more than I thought. I sat down and couldn't see clearly.

"Oh no."

I reached out my hand and tried my best to rewind time, but it was more difficult than I failed to stop Kate from committing suicide on the roof. This didn't work at all because I was super sleepy and tired. I couldn't keep myself awake. What happened?

"Chloe! Watch out!" I screamed as loud as I could at her.

Chloe jumped and turned around, grabbing a gun from her back pocket.

"What the hell?"

Before she could press the trigger, someone shot Chloe directly in the head. The body of the blue-haired girl... my best friend who I had ignored for 5 years... who begged me to kill in another alternative line... Now shot again.

Damn, Nathan. That's really bad. He killed my best friend twice.

Chloe was on the ground and her body was covered in flowing blood. My vision was getting blurry, but I didn't want to distract myself from looking at Chloe.

Chloe... Oh Chloe...

Something hit me hard in the head. It's not clear what it is or maybe it's just me who feels increasingly heavy and keeps getting sleepy. My neck felt like it had been electrocuted and I couldn't move.

The assassin slowly walked towards me. It wasn't Nathan's jeans or his expensive red shoes. Just a trouser suit, jacket and black shoes. I looked up to see Mr. Jefferson towering over me.

.

.

.

.

UPDATES EVERY MONDAY.