13. HIDE AND SEEK

WE entered the luxurious Blackwell Academy swimming pool building. I'm rarely here. I like swimming, but it's clear I'm not an athlete. And staying here too long will only make me feel paranoid.

"We're in a beaver's den!"

Chloe laughed. "Big problem. I want hot water!"

"We still have to keep it cool, okay? Even if I get suspended."

"You can own this hellhole once you know your power of retreat," Chloe said.

Chloe walked a little further down the corridor.

Chloe is excited for a "girls' night out" so I might as well go along with her evil plan.

"Boys or girls?" she asked as we were between the men's and women's changing rooms.

"Boys of course!"

"Huff, you perv." She walked away from me. "Let me check if the pool is heated."

Chloe opened the door to one of the changing rooms and walked into the pool.

I went into the boy's changing room. The room was dark, so I turned on the flashlight on my phone.

I walked towards the row of lockers. There was a locker that caught my attention. Nathan's locker. Just for fun, I just opened it. There are several bottles of sedatives, one of which is Diazepam 15mg. It's okay if Nathan is addicted to these drugs, right?

I closed the locker then walked again and found Zachery's jersey which was wet and sticky. Yuck. I will never touch it!

Beside it, there was an open locker and there was a cellphone lying there.

Zach is very careless. Doesn't he know what can happen when I'm everywhere?

Zach's wallpaper is a photo of Juliet licking ice cream in a sensual style. I opened the message on the Home button. A conversation between Zach and Victoria.

Hey, I'm thinking about you.

Cool. What are you wearing?

Just my necklace and my cell phone.

Hot.

What else are you wearing?

I'm in the dressing room. Just wearing a jersey and was sitting on my balls.

Disgusting.

This is the sext that makes Juliet mad.

I walked a few more steps and found Warren's locker. I opened it.

I was surprised to find a photo of me and Warren in his locker. I bet he printed it in Mr. Jefferson's class... but... why?

I put it back in Warren's locker then walked out of the locker room.

Chloe was sitting by the swimming pool playing in the water.

"Max, try to find a light for the pool. I want to see sharks!"

"Otters don't like sharks. They bite," I said.

"Me too... Press the light!"

I entered the lifeguard's room and pressed the light switch. Chloe took off her clothes and jumped into the pool. I approached the pool again.

"Ohh yes, darling! Feels like a hot tub! Too bad you make me feel like the Motherfucker Queen because I want that stash of money," Chloe said. "Tell me you're not going to stand there watching me like a zombie."

I smile. Chloe splashes water on me.

"Don't you dare..."

"Stop me, hippie!" she challenged.