2. REWIND TIME

I wish I had enough time to go to the bathroom...please...please... I can't tell anyone...they'll think I'm crazy!

I ran to the bathroom.

The bathroom is still empty. Good.

OK, Max, retracing each step...

I approached the sink, then I washed my face... I tore up my photo.. Then... butterflies flew in... And I took a photo...

I approached the butterfly and took a photo of it, just as I had done before.

Nathan and the blue-haired girl entered the bathroom.

The conversation went on the same as before.

"Let them out of this, bitch!"

The blue-haired girl got closer to Nathan. She even hit his shoulder repeatedly. "I can tell everyone that Nathan Prescott is a bastard who begs like a little girl and talks to himself-"

Nathan took out his gun.

"You don't know who the fuck I am or who you're messing with!"

"Where did you get that? What are you doing? Come on, put that thing down!"

Wowser, it's happening again.

"DON'T EVER tell me what to do. I'm so SICK of people trying to control me!" Nathan snapped.

"You'll get in more trouble for this than the drugs—"

"No one would miss your punk ass, wouldn't they?" Nathan hit the wall next to the blue haired girl.

"Get the gun away from me, phscyo!"

Nathan kills the blue haired girl once again and drops the weapon on the ground. He then started shaking the girl and walking around the bathroom nervously.

God, I can't let this happen... If I could turn back time again, I could help her.

"Oh... Shit! No no no no..." cursed Nathan.

I rewind time.

There's a fire alarm behind me. I need a hammer to open it!

"DON'T EVER tell me what to do. I'm so SICK of people trying to control me!" Nathan snapped.

"You'll get in more trouble for this than the drugs—"

"No one would miss your punk ass, wouldn't they?"

I moved the cleaning trolley, picked up the hammer from the floor and broke the fire alarm glass with it. I then set off the fire alarm.

"No way..." said Nathan.

I peeked again from behind the booth.

The girl kicked Nathan in the stomach and pushed him to the floor.

"NEVER touch me again, freak!"

She came out of the bathroom. Nathan grabbed his gun and saw pieces of my photo on the floor.

"Another shitty day..." he complained and then left the bathroom.

That didn't happen! This can't be real! I just saw a girl get shot and then saved her! What is going on? Don't. Panic.

I came out of the bathroom.

In the corridor, there is a security chief named David. Not waiting long, he immediately intercepted me.

"Hey, did you hear that fire alarm? That means you need to be outside."

"I have to use the bathroom," I answered.

"Girls always use that excuse."

"Excuse for what?"

"For whatever you did. Your face is filled with guilt." He looked at me fiercely.

I don't know why he suddenly looks like he hates me or something. Even though I don't have a problem with it.

"The alarm tripped me."

"Then get out of here, miss. Or are you hiding something? Huh?"

Principal Wells approached to intercede for us.

"Thank you Mr. Madsen, the situation is under control. There is no emergency here. Leave Miss Caulfield alone and please turn off that alarm, because that's your job."

David walks away.

I was about to ignore the principal and walk out of the building, but he stopped me.

"Wait, Max. Come back here."

I obeyed.

"You look a little stressed. Are you okay?"

"I...I'm just a little worried about...my future."

Of course I couldn't possibly tell the truth. What? Nathan brought a gun and shot a girl? Now where is that girl? Uh, well, congratulations because I can REWIND TIME. Yup, he definitely thinks I'm crazy.

"Your forehead is sweaty, Max. Is that all you think about? You can always be straight with me, Max. Or did you do something wrong... What is it? Well, Max? Talk to me."

"I just got sick in class... Um, woman problems-"

"Unless you're running around like a zombie. And do you think this is the first time a student has used that phrase on me?"

"That's the truth. I felt dizzy in Mr. Jefferson's class-"

"Just tell me what you're hiding. You can trust me."

For a second I almost changed my mind, but... Um...

"There's nothing to hide. I'm sick. It happens, you know-"

"There's that teenage behavior again. You know, I've heard enough. Don't think I don't know what's going on around here. You've only been here for three weeks and it's already causing conflict. I don't think your parents will approve when they know. Now get out with class. Please."

No.

He didn't believe it at all. I might have just flushed my scholarship down the toilet...

Geez...

I can step back and really tell the truth...

But not. I don't think it's necessary. This is the best.

I walked away from the building.

.

.

.

UPDATES EVERY MONDAY.