7. BULLYING

I opened my eyes when the alarm went off. My hand reached for the cell phone lying on the table beside the bed and turned it off. A little stretching for my muscles before I finally got up and sat on the edge of the bed looking at the glimmer of sunlight from the bedroom window.

I was a mess after staying up all night. Maybe I could use my rewind time powers to get a few more minutes of sleep, but maybe I should save my energy...

No matter how many times I rewind time, I will still stink. Being a superhero is a dirty job. I need a shower.

A message arrived on my cell phone. From Chloe.

"I'm treating you to breakfast! You have to come, Max!"

"Like I said. I'll always be there for you :) :) :)"

"NO EMOJI!!!!"

":("

"Meet me at the diner in 40 minutes."

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Don't be late! Or I'll find out that time is not on your side!"

"Oh. :)"

"U r EVIL. 40 more minutes, Max! Watch out."

I hit the back button and in the previous message there was a message from Warren. I opened it. There is a photo showing his bruised face from being hit by Nathan. Courageous action to beat up that arrogant bastard on campus. I really appreciate what Warren did for me.

Since he was a science geek, I didn't hesitate to ask him lots of questions about rewinding time. However, I need research. Warren gave me lots of references about the power of rewinding time or time travel from films, books, etc.

Well, even with all this crazy stuff, it feels cool to have Chloe back in my life again like no time has passed.

I looked at myself in the mirror. A white t-shirt with a picture of a scruffy chick like my face. This is what happens if you do quantum physics research all night...

On my study table there are piles of books, paper and pens that I use to record important things related to the science of time travel. My laptop is still on. I turned it off.

Well, now it's time to take a shower!

I took the toiletries in the drawer next to the cupboard. Then leave the room.

Victoria was standing in the doorway of her room talking to Courtney.

"Courtney, seriously, don't forget I need those letters before tonight. Like now. Thanks, cherry."

"Yes, of course, Victoria. I'll give you the test and paper this afternoon. I really liked it. Consider it settled."

Courtney walked away and Victoria closed the door.

I walked towards the public bathroom. There was Alyssa who was standing looking at the poster, but was hit in the head with toilet paper thrown by a student in the bathroom.

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay, Alyssa?"

"Immature bastard... Sorry Max, I don't feel like socializing right now."

I turned back time, then warned Alyssa.

"Alyssa, can you stand there?"

"Uh, okay, Max. If it makes you happy." Alyssa shifted from where she was standing.

Someone threw toilet paper, missing Alyssa.

"Wow, that was close. Thanks, Max."

"Wow, hello again, Alyssa."