22. DATE WITH FRANK

WE dashed out of the dormitory building.

For a moment Warren just stood facing the ground. Nathan's fist still had bruises and a little blood.

"Damn, that was intense. Warren... thank you so much," I said.

Warren looked up. There is no satisfaction there, only painful regret. "What for?"

"For beating Nathan Prescott! Man, you rule." Chloe responded passionately.

"I don't know. I went a little crazy there...like Nathan."

"You're not like him," I said, stepping closer to him and stroking his shoulder.

"Good to know. So, where are you going? I'd better stick with you guys. Just in case you need me to revive my Hulk again. Or should I call the police on Nathan?"

Chloe and I immediately froze and looked at each other.

"No police. Not yet. Uh... so maybe you'd better... um..." I didn't have the heart to tell him to back off. Luckily Chloe interrupted me.

"Warren, Max and I have to do this ourselves. No offense intended," Chloe said.

"This is cool. Anything I can help with." Warren said it earnestly.

"What you can do is find out anything about Nathan's father," I said.

"Okay. Between the snow and the eclipse, I assume the end is near."

"And...thank you. Seriously. I'll call you later." I started walking away with Chloe.

Warren walked away towards the dormitory. "That's better. I feel quite alpha now."

"Indeed, Warren."

Warren leaves.

Chloe let out an exaggerated sigh after Warren completely disappeared into the dorm. "Gosh, that man really loves you."

I put one hand on my forehead. "I know..."

"He really gave Nathan a serious beatdown."

"It was kind of scary watching him do that," I said.

"Now let's go on a date with Frank," Chloe said.

"Will he answer you?"

"Frank always answers when he wants money."

Chloe took out her phone and sent Frank a message. Her phone rang as Frank immediately answered.

"Like I said, Frank wants to see me now."

"Don't keep him waiting," I said and we hurried to Chloe's truck.

.

.

.

According to the message sent, Frank was at the beach. Chloe parked her truck near Frak's RV as soon as we saw it.

I got out of the truck and immediately looked at the exposed shoreline. There were three whales lying there with a police line forming a barrier between where we were standing and them. This is exactly how it was in the alternate timeline.

"God... I hate seeing poor whales like that."

Chloe opened the truck door and joined me. "Me too. I'm just thinking about their families out there in the ocean looking for them. Those bastards will help us find Rachel."

Chloe took out Nathan's gun that she had stolen earlier and reloaded it.

"Or what? You're really going to shoot him? Chloe, don't count on my rewind... seriously."