|I Was A Careless Fool, And I Fell In Love With You Anyway|

Start from the beginning

Placing a golden drachma under his tongue, he murmured, "Farewell," nodded as the Moirai and their retinue carried away his son's body.

The next few hours were a blur.

The throne room was a mess, thrones tipped over and cracks and gouges within the ground. The imprint of Luke's face was in the marble walls. He heard his Aunt Hestia make mention of Perseus entering an almost berserker state when the Titan King attacked his Leaneíras with his scythe and the girl in question had no hesitation to rip the floor from the earth and smash it against titan's stolen body whenever Perseus gained ground to breathe.

He was soon joined by his divine offspring who gave their condolences for the lost of their brother; one who was favored by him and important enough to be apart of the Great Prophecy though he knew a few of them have their own beliefs of what accounts him as the hero. Hermês privately agreed. His son... Luke, his beautiful boy; reminded him dearly of Ahkilles. These past few years and most of his life, his Luke experienced near-constant sadness and rage. Although he had the capability to be kind, his pride and anger outweighed all else.

Hermês can admit to his blame and his shame for his role or well, lack of role in Luke's life. He was never like Apóllōn who has an ever-growing library of scrapbooks dedicated to his children; divine and mortal, noting all their accomplishments alongside a smaller alcove for his more favored legacies. Hermês loves his children, divine and mortal alike and he did his best by them, but as the mortal saying go, Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Tis true. And now look, one of his beloved sons was dead before his life could even truly begin.

Did he ever have his first kiss? His first time with a female or a male or someone that was both?

He knew his boy was... well, not good, certainly, as he was pleasantly chatting with demons on a daily basis, but did he ever have the chance to be a child? He was nineteen when he left the camp. Did he spend anytime with the campers there that were attracted to him before the marks on their skins tore them away? Was he always longing after Thalia with no knowledge that she would ever return from marooning as a Christmas Tree? His poor child. And some would say that Luke's choices was his own and it was true, but it was... it was the hardest thing he ever done to allow him to face his destiny without any input from Hermês, but it was still so hard to do that for any of the other children he sired.

He said nothing when Peithō and Laranda appeared at his sides. The latter offering what measly comfort she could without her tongue to speak while the former tracked his Leaneíras around the room as Kírkē appeared to tend to her.

Around them, the other Olympioi, major and minor, appeared to repair the throne room with the four sentinels taking their places at the side of Father's throne.

He had needed to excuse himself when the kyklôps saved Thalia from the fallen statue, and she entered the room on crutches only for the Moirai to reappear with a special arrow to be intertwined with her silver tiara made from pine and electric blue thread. Even from a distance, Hermês could sense Luke's soul within and he had to escape lest he destroy the hasty restored throne room.

He returned soon enough, a bit confused as to why the Empire State Building was lit blue, but he took his seat upon his throne where his wives then flanked him. His eyes tracked the proceedings around him, watching Perseus and Grover care for the wounded nature spirits and minor godlings that were awaiting service from the Iatrikoi theoi. His younger mortal sons, his twins in everything but actuality, Travis and Connor, made it through with only minor injuries alongside his Cristóbal. Hermês sneakily placed sleep onto his child, Cecil's, mind lest seeing the death and destruction drove him mad.

His gaze landed upon Leaneíras and Perseus as the two of them sagged in relief as his sons told them that their mortal parents were okay. His khaos-mate walked away when they started speaking of Kheírōn, but not before she was assured that their pet tiger was alright also being attended to by Drew who was passing her over to her parents.