|Even In A Crowded Room My Eyes Are On You|

Midtown was a war zone.

The enemy was closing in on the Empire State Building. Their defenses were collapsing.

It had taken everything in her and more to rip open that pocket dimension, but she had eventually overpowered Aeëtes whose blind rage made him the weaker of the two deities. And if she now had the king strung up by his underwear on top of the Statue of Liberty while she chewed on his mageia core like an apple then that was her business.

Of course, she now had a long scar across her back that had been bandage carefully until she could get somewhere to wash the hex off of her alongside whatever paste that Hecate dug into it. At least the goddess would be running around with half her body burned off and an image of Lævateinn carved into her skin.

Lea moved through the armies with an ease that she didn't even know she had.

She sat atop of Salome bounding against the army, mageia in her eyes and singing throughout her soul. She turned arrows into poisonous snakes and swords into binding ropes. A giant went from ripping up trees in Bryant Park while dryads pelted him with nuts to stopping and smashing hellhounds after one glimpse of her eyes.

A trio of Hephaestus campers fought a squad of dracaenae in the middle of Rockefeller Center and gained a bit of relief when a massive fireball emerged from her head and vanquished the monstrous hags into the asphalt.

She stopped long enough to heal any bruises, lift any cruses, and cast any protection spells before she kept moving forward.

(She looked a bit like Shego with the way that her mageia curled around her hands.)

Salome made scratching posts out of their enemies, and she growled loudly in her grief for Arkas.

Leaneíras understood that very well.

At some point, she's flanked by Travis and Connor as they grow closer to the Empire State Building.

Leaneíras smiled as she saw enemy demigods take one look at her and rush away in the opposite direction. She listened to their pleas for mercy, but it was them who decided to join the opposition; it was their side that called for war, and it was because of them that Arkas was gone.

She laughed darkly watching as their armour mold itself to their body, watched as their skin turned mossy green, their hair fell away to make room for scales.

She laughs and she cackles as she bears down on the enemy, and the mortals stare at her in awe.

She, rich-haired Leaneíras, an enchanting goddess with shining hair, with human speech and with strange mahō; earth-shaking Perseus that bares a brave heart was her brother.

Leaneíras cast a glance over at her brother; he was leaping off of Blackjack and landing on the head of Hyperborean giant and shield-bashing his nose on the way down.

"RAWWWR!' The giant staggered backward, blue blood trickling from his nostrils. The Hyperborean breathed a cloud of white mist, and the temperature dropped. Percy only just barely missed being coated with ice though he was covered in frost like a sugar donut.

"Hey, ugly!" Annabeth yelled.

Blue Boy bellowed and turned toward her, exposing the unprotected back of his legs. Percy charged and stabbed him behind the knee.

"WAAAAH!" The Hyperborean buckled, froze, and turned to ice. Cracks appeared in his body. They got larger and wider until the giant crumbled in a mountain of blue shards.

She looked over her brother, gave a nod to see him okay, then turned back to fighting. There were plenty of enemies left.

The next hour was a blur. Lea fought like she'd never fought before—wading into legions of dracaenae, taking out dozens of telkhines with every strike, destroying empousai and knocking out enemy demigods. No matter how many she defeated, more took their place.