|You walk in and my heart beats differently.|

Hermês knew it was serious when he stood before the entire Olympian council and not just the Twelve Major. Haidês had even decided that this was a meeting worth attending rather than his usual self-imposed rule to appear on the Winter Solstice.

There was a blank expression on Poseidôn's face as if he did not know how to feel whereas his Father and his other Uncle looked on in righteous fury.

Hermês didn't bother looking at the others, knowing what he would find. Though the protective wrath that wrapped around him like a soothing blanket from Apollôn as he supported him was something that he would be thankful for as long as he lived.

And he was deathless.

Zeus, from the many-folded peak of Olympos, told Themis to summon all the gods into assembly. She went everywhere and told them to make their way to Zeus' house. There was no Potamos who was not there, except only Okeanos, there was not any one of the Nymphai who live in the lovely groves, and the springs of rivers and grass of the meadows, who came not. These all assembling in the house of Zeus took place among the smooth-stone cloister walks which Hêphaistos had built for Zeus.

Once everyone was seated, Father Zeus looked upon one of his most favored sons. "Hermês Maiados Huios."

The aforementioned god lifted his chin. He would never be ashamed to be the son of the rich-tressed Maia. She, who was shy and content to stay unbothered by gods in her cave, managed to capture the attention of the Supreme God-King with no effort. Hermês raised his gaze to look his Father in the eye.

Zeus Boulaios raised an amused brow though the stern, contemplating frown never left his face. "Almost an entire lunar year," the King mused. "I have watched you for almost an entire lunar year."

Hermês blinked.

"Ναί, my son," the Father of all gods stated. "Over ten months to the day, I rushed to your side as Apollôn held you in his arms while Khaos branded your visage and Eros soothed it with his power. I watched you fly over the world, leaving no stone unturned as you questioned every god with even the slightest connection to Theoi tou Halioi."

"Well," Father Zeus tilted his head to the side, waving his hand about. "You stand before the gods. Show it to us. Show us the blessing from khaos that you have risked our existence for."

The youngest of all hesitated for barely a moment before the form he had chosen shimmered until he stood there as a radiant boy, naked except for a youth's cloak draped over his left shoulder; his blond-brown hair made him the cynosure of all eyes. Tiny wings of gold were projecting from his locks, in which they had been fastened symmetrically on both sides.

Hermês allowed the cloak to fall from his shoulder, and there in a gleaming silver as if the stars had been poured into them stood letters that were so familiar... so wondrous... so blessed... so khaotic that they could do nothing but draw a silver of a smile from him.

Λεανείρας Ἁλοσυδνη

"Leaneíras Alosydni," Father mused as he read the name. "There was a a princess who later became an Arcadian queen named that once before. She was your sister, yes, Huákinthos?"

The deified mortal startled from his seat beside Apollôn before inclining his head, "I-yes, Father. My elder sister."

Zeus hummed, eyes moving about the gods assembled before him. His gaze landed on Artemis, and something pained flashed through their eyes. "She married Arkas, son of Kallistô."

"And you, Father," Artemis was quick to remind him. "He was your son, also."

Father grimaced slightly before inclining his head turning to look back at Hermês. "Arkas was raised by your Mother, the lovely rich-haired Maia upon Mount Kyllene. Tis was also an epithet in which you were worshipped. How ironic." He didn't spare any of the gods of sea a glance. "For almost an entire year, you have had knowledge of a forbidden child and did not bring it to the attention of the council. My glorious herald, my youngest son. You have broken one of the laws that have been set in place and that stands ground for treason."