|All My Better Days Are Ones Spent With You|

Lea didn't know how long she had been there.

There was a subjective word because she didn't even know where she was.

She couldn't leave no matter how hard she tried. For some reason, her mageia wasn't working and the earth itself seemed as if it wanted to keep her there.

The days had seemingly bled into each other.

The moment she thought that; a familiar hissing sound echoed down the mountain. She was getting tired of that sound, but it was much better than the ghosts that she had been fighting off like it was some kind of zombie apocalypse.

"What do you want from me," Lea growled, eyes darting around her. The mountain loomed above her. A dusty trail snaked up a few hundred feet to the mouth of a cave. The path was lined with human bones for that extra cozy feel.

"You have no ghosts." A voice echoed around her. "Why do you have no ghosts?"

"Necromancy is not really my style," Lea drawled. "Who are you?"

"That matters not! Murders! Kidnappers! Thieves that deserve the worst soil of it all. Revenge shall be taken today for grief must be soothed by anger!"

"What the hell are you talking abouauhhhh!" Lea screamed, turning around and sprinting away as a drakon emerged from the smoke. The only sound that could be heard was the pounding of her feet as she rushed away. She twisted, feeling the heat coming towards her before it hit. As turned in the darkened sand, a cry of pain tumbled from her lips. The flames of the drakon had narrowly missed from turning her into a beautiful stack of ribs, but the heat had still licked the back of her legs and her skin was torn open once she tumbled across the ground.

She reached to her ear, summoning Lævateinn from its resting form and blasting at the beast with the very last of the mageia that as stored within it. It was the only weapon she had left. Her mageia being blocked somehow, her enchanted knives had long gone out. Maybe Percy and Drew had a point about her having more weapons in case of times like this.

But it was not like she had been expecting anything like it! Otherwise, she would have worn her bottle belt where she kept all of her potions and stocked up on more enchanted knives. But again, she did not expect to be poisoned by whatever was in that drink and transported away. And if she lived through this, she was going to rake that little nymph over the coals! Kírkē had been teaching her to instinctively recognize poisoned drinks; a specialty of hers. Lea had sensed something was wrong, but she hadn't known what it was exactly until she brought it close to her face. She had been about to pour it out, but it was like her hand was stuck to that stupid gold chalice and she took a sip of it. It was a brew laced with drugs and she was gone before she could even call a warning out.

And now here she was, bruised and beaten. She only had Lævateinn and the heart-shaped necklace filled with Hermes' ichor which considering that she wasn't too big of a fan of blood was weird but whatever. She was a bit desensitized to it now. And well, she also had her wits.

"Too scared to face me yourself," she yelled out, eyes tracking the drakon before her though making sure to not look it in the eyes.

"Scared," that voice hissed. "Before I am through with you, child, you will come crawling to me, begging for death's final embrace! And Melinoë will be revenged!"

"I don't even know you!"

White mist billowed around her like someone had turn on a dry ice machine. It began thickening around her feet, twining around her legs like vines. The color seemed to fade from Lea's clothes and face as if she too was becoming a shade.

Leaneira raised a brow, eyes taking in her weird appearance like the head of Cruella de Vil. Her right half was pale chalky white like she'd been drained of blood. Her left half was pitch black and hardened like mummy skin. She wore a golden dress and a golden shawl. Her eyes were empty black voids and when she looked into them Lea felt as if she was seeing her own death.