|If I Know What Love Is, It's Because of You|

The last thing Lea wanted to do on her summer break was blow up another school. That was Percy's job and he had been doing well considering that they managed to stay at Brooklyn Academy of the Gifted for a few years now.

You know what that's called?

Growth.

A bunch of BMWs and Lincoln Town Cars were parked out front, and Lea wondered how she with her infamous resting bitch face ended up a part of the welcoming committee.

That's right. Apóllōn had needed her best friend for some impromptu quest in the middle of the night and Lea was forced to cover for her. It was incredibly irritating, but Drew had managed to send her an Iris-message earlier to inform her that she would be there soon.

Thank the aliens.

Lea could hide away by their Archery Club's booth where the air conditioning was or maybe even by the Baking Club and nibble on the treats there. Percy had ditched her early on. Since their Mom's boyfriend, Paul, would be working there in the upcoming year; Percy took the chance to give him a quick tour of the place before he was thrown into the deep end by the other teachers to lead a tour.

Lea inclined her head in greeting when Annabeth walked in with her Father and Stepmother. Sometime over winter break while Lea was playing damsel in distress, she reconciled with them again. They had even begun going to family therapy which Lea was also informed by the kids that made it to adulthood and were able to do something with their lives. She was going to attend school there, but it quickly became dangerous the longer that she stayed with the uptick in monster sightings. Annabeth had said that they begged her not to leave, but Annabeth wouldn't hear it. They had finally come to a compromise when Mr. Chase had taken the repairing of his relationship with his daughter to fix things with his siblings though admittedly, he had only reached out to his sister. Annabeth would transfer back as long as she immediately goes to camp at the first sign of trouble.

(Annabeth thought that was redundant until she realized they meant for her to go to camp and don't leave to go on any quests. She was to go as safe as she could be at camp, and they would sign her up for homeschooling instead so she can finish her education.)

Annabeth had told them that they informed her Aunt Natalie of the truth. They told her about the gods and demigods and the monsters. It was the only reason why Annabeth didn't agree to stay in Boston with her Aunt and cousin because she didn't want to put them in danger, but she had been forced to agree that if she needed somewhere safe to stay then she would go see them.

Annabeth had left them a few weapons. Mainly a couple of daggers that her Dad had melted down from her own weapons. She didn't want to take the chance that someone might try to use them against her. Some days she went down to see them and train them how to use it and make quick exits.

(Some days she said that Aunt Natalie looked at her as if she had something to hide and Annabeth wondered if the enemy had already gotten to them.)

Either way, her parents were coming to check the school out as it was recommended through their sessions and because her cousin was supposed to be transferring over during the next year.

It was all very sweet and mushy and reminded her very much of the fact that she was someone's stepmother and she should technically be doing the same thing.

Lea had about five more minutes before she could be switched out with another student.

It was within those five minutes that the strangest thing happened. Well, not the strangest thing. Lea's life since she turned twelve had been one weird event after another. This was like a three on the Should-I-Make-Time-Travel-Spell-To-Stop-Sally-And-Poseidon-From Meeting scale.