|you deserve the best...so me|

Hermês found himself growling in anger once more as he was unable to slip through into the realm of the sea.

He understood why Poseidón had done so. She was under no harm as long as she was within his realm, but Trent was there also alongside the old titans of the sea that would stir trouble for him. The rest of the Major Olympioi had tried distracting him from his worry by bringing forth word games to distract his mind which he does not understand why. Word games were basically declarations of war with this family. The last time they had played scrabble Athênê played abaxial on a triple and Ζεύς lightning-bolt the top off Mount Parnassus in his rage. She and Apóllōn were tied though admittedly, he and Hḗphaistos were not far behind.

(Of course, games such as monopoly, catan, risk, uno, and poker had been banned within the first year of their creation after Hestia had nearly rained fire and sulfur from heaven and destroyed the world. It had been terrifying to say the least to see their usual peaceful aunt so illuminated (and that was when they remembered that she too was a child of wily Krónos.))

And speaking of his half-brother, Hermês knew the elder god had used his worry for his Leaneíras to hustle him out of more funds for the reconstruction of his forge. (A good trick indeed as Hermês was sure that he had paid enough to cover the damage from both twins when they were still technically under the financing of their Father and Hḗphaistos would have enough to do any upgrades he wanted. Hermês would get him back for that... later.)

Trítōn was not responding to any messages and Hermês had sense enough to not ask Peithō to venture to her home realm for answers about Leaneíras, but he could truthfully do without all this worry.

And of course, the political aspect to it also. No doubt, Poseidón was trying to keep an alliance with Ôkeanos since Amphitrítē was his granddaughter. Thus, he had the alliance with Nēreús, but Peithō was Ôkeanos' daughter and Leaneíras was a threat to her marriage though Hermês did not understand why she was fighting so hard for it. She knew, as one of the goddesses of marriage, that the significance of a simádi psychís outranked any vows that they pledge lest he or Leaneíras formally acquitted it as a platonic mark. Considering he refused to see it as platonic and Leaneíras refused to acknowledge its existence outside of convenience, then it would continue to outrank her.

Hermês did not understand the mind of a woman, but he knew the mind of a deity and he wished she would understand that he would love her no less than he did now. It's just... Leaneíras was his blessing, his blessing from khaos, his mate, the one that Khaos and Eros spread their wings across starry Ouranos, around wide-bosomed Gaia, cradled infinite laughing Pontos, and brightened dim Tartaros and pushed together through the wreathed spindle of Anankê.

(Laranda did not give him these problems and he had half the mind to move her into a higher ranking than Peithō.)

He wished he knew that she was alright. His Uncle could surely send some kind of sign! The Gatekeepers were watching; most feeling regret that they had not managed to grab ahold of any of the children before fate threw them far from the heavens and the world of man.

He had received word from Hḗphaistos and Aphrodítē that Perseus had been landed upon Ogygia. Something that worried them all especially when they glanced upon the island to note the way she traced her gaze over him when she was not singing with a lovely voice, moving to and fro at her loom and weaving with a shuttle of gold. Kalypso smiled as she watched the boy; and caressed him with her hand.

And they all could see quite clearly that she would once again succumb to her curse even when she had been explicitly told that as long as she stopped trying to lead the men that landed on her isle astray then she would be free. She had been told that it was nothing as simple as her being cursed to fall in love with the hero that landed there! Because it was not love! Love would be understanding that the heroes had a duty, had lives and family that they would miss. If it was love then she would understand that and stop trying to get them to abandon it. Love would stop forcing herself onto them, siring children from these heroes in some twisted sense to have them stay with her out of parental duty.