|what's a soulmate?|

In the beginning, there was nothing.

No love nor lust.

"Firstly, ancient Khaos's stern Anankê, and Khronos, who bred within his boundless coils Aithêr and two-sexed, two-faced, glorious Eros, ever-born Nyx's father, whom latter men call Phanes, for he first was manifested."

The graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated with dark Khaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race birds, which was the first to see the light.

That of the Immortals did not exist until Eros had brought together all the ingredients of the world.

Anankê and Khronos, their serpentine coils entwined, crushed the primal egg of creation splitting it into its constituent parts to form the ordered universe. A nd from their egg sprung Ouranos, Pontos, Gaea and the imperishable race of blessed gods sprang into being.

And of course, Eros, fairest among the deathless gods, who unnerves the limbs and overcomes the mind and wise counsels of all gods and all men within them."

Thus our origin is very much older than that of the dwellers in Olympos. We are the offspring of Eros; there are a thousand proofs to show it. We have wings and we lend assistance to lovers. How many handsome youths, who had sworn to remain insensible, have opened their thighs because of our power and have yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock."

Tis was the will of Love which brought all gods to their knees.

Love was born from nothing.

Love was khaotic.

Eros was one of the fundamental causes in the formation of the world, inasmuch as he was the uniting power of love, which brought order and harmony among the conflicting elements of which Khaos consisted.

And as such, Khaos spread her dark wings across starry Ouranos, around wide-bosomed Gaia, cradled infinite laughing Pontos, and brightened dim Tartaros; she took hold of Eros and together, they pushed their powers within the wreathed spindle of Anankê, into the threads of the Moirai! For Love was eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence.

Mates born of the same soul found themselves stitched together by Khaos as Eros guided the arrows of the erotes that bore his name and accompanied golden Aphroditê , who stirs up sweet passion in the gods and subdues the tribes of mortal men and birds that fly in air and all the many creatures that the dry land rears, and all the sea: all these love the deeds of rich-crowned Kythereia.

So...

In the end, there was everything.