|The stars incline us, they do not blind us|

Lea sat upon the black sand of the Land of Dreams. Hermes sat behind her braiding her hair. A skill he learned to do for his daughter, Angelia. Around them, the oneiroi flew around them. Most of them off to cause nightmares for some poor unsuspecting mortal.

That reminded her.

"Why do I never have demigod dreams," she asked Hermes.

He tensed and she tilted her head back to look at him. There was a slight grimace on his face as he scratched the back of his head. Embarrassment? "Well," he drawled. "It's not that you don't. It's just... well, I keep them away."

Lea stared. Absently, she took in his appearance. He was dressed in an elegant blue-gray suit, like someone trapped the cloudy sky into his clothing. His curls were combed away from his face, showing off his smooth forehead. This close she could see a very light dust of freckles. Lea wasn't like him. She didn't really have a way with words especially not to describe how attractive he was. But she said it once before that he had the kind of beauty that ancient wars were fought over. Maybe it was the way he radiated power. The complete confidence in himself and his abilities.

Not like Lea who was still afraid of casing the next great flood.

Hermes avoided her eyes. "I mean if its important enough then they would get through, but I'd rather you not have to deal with them."

He shifted uneasily as she continued to stare at him. "The other half-bloods—"

"What did I say about that word," she interrupted.

"The other demigods," he corrected. "They could tell you that demigod dreams are not worth the experience."

"I didn't say I wanted any," Lea told him as she turned back around. His hands immediately went back to her hair, weaving the strands into some semblance of personal preference. "I just wondered why I did not have any."

"Of course, my mistake," he said sarcastically. Lea snickered before turning her attention back to the books before her. "I meant to thank you also, latria mu."

"For?"

"The spell upon the cabin. The children adore it very much. It has helped Dionysos also root out a few more of the minor gods that were contemplating switching sides. With the upgraded cabin and more space for their children, some of them have sworn to keep their loyalty."

"Well, you're welcome."

Hermes laughed lightly, pulling her back to rest against his chest. "Get some rest, Leaneíras. I'll protect you."

"It's Lea," she corrected as she got comfortable.

The next morning there was a lot of excitement at breakfast

Lea who had not had any caffeine stared death at them all. She overheard something about a drakon that had been seen at the camp borders. The kids of Apóllōn had scared it off.