{ The Unexpected }

"And you say,  as long as I'm here, no one can hurt you

"And you say,  as long as I'm here, no one can hurt you."

The brunette girl chewed on some grapes as she watched the older girl slowly eat her now hot soup. She would blow on the spoon before placing it into her mouth. She sat next to her making sure she ate something. She didn't want her to go to bed without a single ounce of food in her system. She wouldn't allow her to starve herself because of how others words and opinions were affecting her. She would never allow her to fall into the depression she once fell into. Bada didn't say anything other than silently eat her food. Her brown eyes would glance at the younger girl every once in a while seeing her stare down at a book that laid on her lap. She would reach to her left to grab a grape as her eyes read through the words on the page. She noticed how she would tilt her head to the side ever so often making sure she read the right words. Tatter had gone asleep ten minutes ago when Leah was out in the kitchen reheating the food. She made sure to turn off the tv and say goodnight to the older girl. Her sister kissed her head giving her a tight embrace saying goodnight. Now the whole apartment has fallen silent with the only sounds of their chewing.

Bada took the last bite of her rise, placing the plate on the bedside table. Hearing the tapping of the plate against the wooden table caused Leah to lift her head. Her eyes landing on the empty plates across from her. She nodded, feeling glad that her best friend had eaten something. Both girls knew that if she rejected the food or denied to eat it. The short girl would find a way to shove it down her throat. She closed her book pushing herself off the bed. She retrieved the dirty plates leaving the room and set them down in the sink. It didn't take long for her to wash them and make her way back into the room. Her eyes landed on the older girl who sat there staring down. An emotionless expression on her face as she held in the rest of her tears. Letting out a sigh, she closed the door behind her. She made her way onto the bed placing her book on the bedside table. "Come here." She spoke softly, getting under the covers. She laid on her right side as Bada slid down. She instantly wrapped her arms around her waist as she buried her face into the crook of her neck. Leah rubbed her back as she held onto her tightly knowing she just needed someone to comfort her. She kissed the top of her head playing with the ends of her hair.

"Moonie, I know this isn't the right time but why did you leave?" The question she wanted to avoid the most has finally been asked. Her eyes wandered around the room unsure of how to tell her. It was never Bada's fault, that's for sure. She has never once blamed the girl for what happened years ago. If anything she blamed herself for walking away and not confessing her feelings. She was just afraid. Afraid that her best friend would push her aside. Bada lifted her head up, staring at the quiet girl who searched for the right words. She could see the shift in her mood and how her eyes sadden. "I have always tried to prepare myself for this question but I.. Nothing could ever prepare me for it. I didn't leave because of something you did. I don't want you to blame yourself when it wasn't you. I.."