29|. Striking Once More

"LUCY AND I went out for dinner the other night."

Brian looked over to the side, scrunching his eyebrows up and down with his smug smile. "Oh really? How fun was it?"

"Oh ho ho." Caden chuckled. He only gripped his gun even harder at the thought of other the night. "It was- It was a lot of fun. I uh- proposed to her."

Brian had titled his head. He was indeed skeptical of the whole thing. To be honest, he didn't think Lucy was a perfect match for Caden, and he had shared his unpopular opinion with him, but it hadn't gone to his brain. "Really? Proposed?" Caden nodded quickly with a big smile planted on his lips. "But it's only been a year my friend, since you had met her."

"I know." Caden breathed out. "But it was meant to be you know. I love her, she loves me, my mom doesn't like her. So i did what every sensible person would do and proposed." He was basically bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, waiting for a response from his friend.

But before anything else could be said, a loud noise interrupted their conversation. The two guards looked above them to find that the vent that was once closed was now wide open, leaving the cold draft entering the hallway. Caden looked over to Brain and cocked his gun to prepare for anything.

"Hello there sailor."

The feminine voice drew their attention away from the vent and to the woman standing in front of them. She had a very seductive smile on, one that can lure any man in. The men were confused and in a daze, frozen in their spot. So they couldn't see the woman swiftly grabbing her gun and shooting them in the legs then in the shoulders.

As the man whimpered in pain, the woman reached for the device in her ear, pressing it. "It's all a go here, Alex. Ready when you are." Marina spoke, quickly running down the series of hallways. It was blinking red and the loud alarm was echoing throughout the tower.

But despite all of this things, she continued to run until she hit a corner where a single soldier stood. Marina took a deep breath, keeping her eye on the guard, waiting until it was stone to strike. When the guard had his back turned, Marina pounced on the man. She swung her legs around his neck and squeezed as tight as she could.

Her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as she heard the man grunt, gasping for breath and watched him try to pry her legs off of his neck. Marina dropped to the ground as the body did also with a loud heavy thud. Her hands started to search his uniform for the singular key card. The card that could open any door in the base. More specifically, door number eight-o-two.

She grabbed the card and immediately started to walk as she observed it. The numbers were larger than anything on the card, the name belonging to the man was on the body. Marina couldn't quite understand why such a small thing could be so important.

"Lena."

Her code name was spoken. Marina turned around to find an old man peeking his head out from a door right next to her. The tone of his voice made her realize what he had found, and she couldn't be any happier. Her feet trailed into the dark room where a single lamp was lighting up a small place. That gave the two the ability to see the bombs laying on the ground.

Marina crouched down, rubbing her finger over the black explosives. In her mind she read out the name. Stark Industries. The bombs that were recalled, the bombs that they stopped making, the bombs that terrified Tony Stark to death and the room was filled with eighth of them.

The widow chuckled aloud as she stood up. She took a final good look of the room before looking back to her mentor, Alex, with an evil smile. "I guess these will do. Won't they?"