The wolf laughed. 'I share your thoughts now. Caleb tried to stay away, but the mate pull was too strong. He couldn't resist you. Our mate is... '

Charlotte suddenly saw Caleb over her in her mind's eye and she blushed. "Yes. He is a good lover."

'He still held himself back, though. Why do you have such horrible dreams?' the wolf suddenly asked.

Charlotte sighed. "You can see my memories. Look back further. I don't wish to talk about it."

The wolf was quiet for a while, and laid her head again in Charlotte's lap.

Charlotte started to touch her head but stopped. "Can I pet you?"

'Of course. My name is Rain by the way.' Rain grew quiet again, and Charlotte stroked her soft head.

After a while, Rain sighed. 'Oh Charlotte, you've been through so much, love.'

Charlotte brushed away a stray tear.

'Now I understand your nightmares. And Caleb has never asked you about them?' Rain growled.

"No, but he's aware of them," Charlotte sighed.

'This mate of ours needs his ass kicked' Rain grumbled.

"He's a King," Charlotte whispered.

'I'm aware, but sometimes even kings need ass kickings.'

Charlotte giggled at that, then grew quiet. "Rain? I'm not sure what's happening. Is this real or am I dreaming? This is the most vivid dream I've ever had."

Rain sat up and looked at Charlotte. 'It's both. You're asleep, and I pulled you into your own mind so that we could meet and talk.'

"But how are you in my head?" Charlotte was lost.

'I'm your wolf,' Rain tipped her head sideways as she looked at Charlotte.

"You're kind of adorable when you do that."

'Kind of?'

Charlotte smiled. "But I don't have a wolf. I'm human."

'Not anymore, you're not,' Rain said quietly.

"Caleb turned me?" Charlotte knew he was the only one who had the power to do so except for Caleb's father, Ranald who Charlotte had only met once... Charlotte blushed.

'Oh Charlotte you did not!' Rain giggled.

"How was I to know they were in there? I thought only Caleb and I had access to the bath house." Charlotte tried to defend herself.

'Caleb's mother was here for a while,' Rain told her. 'We almost died.'

Charlotte was quiet for a bit, absently stroking Rain's coat. "Probably blood loss," she finally whispered.

'Yes. So Mate saved you and turned you and now you have me,' Rain said.

"I'm not the happiest person, Rain. I hope I don't make you miserable," Charlotte admitted.

'I will keep you going, Charlotte. You have me now, my love.' Rain told her.

"So now what?"

'Well, you my love, are fully healed, fully changed, ready to wake up and shift for the first time.' Rain gave her a wolfy grin. 'But for your first shift, I want you to let me take control.'

"What do you mean?" Charlotte asked. Why hadn't the book she read been more detailed?

Rain laughed. 'You don't need a book, you have me. Now, close your eyes and visualize yourself stepping back.'